Potential owner question

percy

Hi everyone. My wife and I are looking at buying an A2 and have 2 babies which we will need to squeeze in. How practical is the car ie. boot space, back seats, wiping sick of the seats!!
Thanks

Hw young are they?

Ours are 3 and 2. 2 x Quniiy buggies fit into the bottom of the boot next to each other, leaving the rest of the boot for the rest of the junk you end up carrying.

I wouldnt recomend anything like the quinny tho if they are V young.

practical for kids -hell yes!

i have 2 sprogs 8 and 4
in the past ive got a full pram in the boot there is plenty of legroom in the back for them even tho i am 1.92m tall.
many members have said that there is isofix built iin to the a2 tho i have never checked this.
£35 pa tax and 60mpg is good for families, yes?
Overall very good for children families IMHO. Get those back of the seat organiser things where the children can put books comics dolls etc £2.99 from Wilkinsons et al

You can get a buggy in the back diagonally flat in the boot and the false floor version without a spare wheel acn take a lot of shopping.

The lack of a spare is the only thing that frightens my wife but shes gone quiet recently as weve not had a puncture in 15 months ive had it .
Get a diesel in my opinion...

Paul C

forgot to say put a blanket down on your rear seat and have a little sick bowl under the driver seat etc etc
Only thing i dnt like is having to go to band q and putting sand bags etc in the back im always worried ill scracth something or tear
Paul

we're expecting twins so this feedback is great news - car hunting at the weekend it is!!
And thanks for the note about the set organiser and blanket, I'm seen a couple of diesels and a 1.6 but not overly fussed as both seem to give good mpg and drive well.

I bought mine from a woman who had three kids under 4 years

So you cannot put three child seats in the back, but two fit perfect,

AND because the car is resonable high, it;s easy to put the kids in the child seat (not much bending over)

The back doors are quite narrow - could be a problem getting sprogs into seats, if you can take a car seat with you and see if you would be able to manage, the beauty of an A2 is that the rear seats sit relatively high, this means you adopt a more sit up and bet postition, fine for abled bodied persons but it means there is less room behind the front seats for these large kiddie car seats, doesn't affect a seated person but could be a problem if you have a child in seat behind you swinging legs as the do hitting the back of your seat while you drive and we all know how annoying that can be, my 2 are 12 & 9 and had no problems at all.
Boot space without the spare tyre is really unbelievable, looks a lot smaller than it really is (it's down to the tall narrow shape)
Running costs - you can't really beat it, ok the prius does 65mpg, but not in the real world, the A2tdi will, I never had less than 50mpg from mine round town, you also get Audi build quality, my A4 currently has 140k on the clock and still looks and drives like a new car! A2's built the same standard.
cheers
Mike

.....and it doesn't stop there:eek: our daughter is 8yrs this weekend. The best piece of advice that has been mentioned is to keep a cover over the back seat, this may cause problems when locating the buckle locators but worth the hassle.
We have saved the back seat from not only food, mucky shoes (make sure the cover drapes the seats into the footwell) but also the dreaded felt tip pen without the lid on!

Have fun.

Doc

Oops just forgot, check that the buggy will collapse and fit into the bootspace, shouldn't be a problem but worth trying out before launching out for a buggy. Obviously getting the car before the choice of buggy ;)

Last edited:
ULP said:
You might be able to tell I'm not a parent, but there is more chance of hell freezing over than any kid being allowed in the A2 with anything liquid/ crumbing/ dirty etc.!

I am as you know, and I agree Chris, no chance - until Kayleigh gives me that cute little smile that is.... ;)

ULP said:
You might be able to tell I'm not a parent, but there is more chance of hell freezing over than any kid being allowed in the A2 with anything liquid/ crumbing/ dirty etc.!
Darren C said:
I am as you know, and I agree Chris, no chance - until Kayleigh gives me that cute little smile that is.... ;)
You know that saying you know the one when every expectant dad say's yeah im having a kid but it wont change my life well i got news for you guys its a lie .......

Better get in the que for MckeeDees ......

Back