PR codes - front disc brakes

mcauleyj

Quick question,

I have a 2004 1.4 TDI 90.
The PR code for my front disc brakes is 1LY (from the option codes sticker in service book).
According to ECP and autodoc, the front PR codes for disc brakes for the A2 are : T0U-T1Q

Does anyone know if T0U-T1Q has superseded 1LY?

The rears are still 1KD on my option code sticker and as listed on ECP/autodoc.

Thanks,
John

The parts catalogue lists the front brakes under the T0U-T1Q option codes and the only variation is for the 1.2 TDi which has a smaller discs etc.
Fairly sure the 256mm disc set up on all UK spec cars has remained virtually unchanged since introduction in 2000

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, yes I did see that there was a smaller one listed and assumed it was for the 1.2TDI,
Carprog has the T1Q-T0U code as well.

brakes_carprog.PNG

So looks like there is only one front disc type - Just wondered at the PR code notation not matching the option sticker.
Now onto deciding between coated ATE, Brembo or Zimmerman or Ferodo discs, possibly TRW (painted) and then pads too.
ECP and Autodoc trolling next, I need to do the brakes all round.

John

So looks like there is only one front disc type - Just wondered at the PR code notation not matching the option sticker.
Out of interest I put your sticker code 1LY through a VAG decoder and it came up with "PRCode: 1LY = Disc brakes front". I read that as saying you have disc brakes at the front! as opposed to years ago when they might have been drum brakes and it is not any kind of spec but stating the obvious.

Andy

Thanks Andrew, yes maybe it is just my mis-interpretation of how the codes work. I thought the option codes were the same as the PR codes but perhaps not as in this case.
John

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back