Price of CAT and brake light switch

badlyread

A2OC Donor
Hi All

The ceramic around my catalytic converter has cracked and is making a terrible noise some of the time. Do any of you know the price (reasonably cheap please:)) for a replacement? And from where? Will try the usual (GFS and Europarts) but wondered if anyone knew of something different and at a great price.

Also my dash lit up like a Xmas tree y'day. The brake light switch has gone (caused ABS and traction control lights on as well as the big red warning light- is that right?). I understand it is above the pedals but could only see one screw to remove and the plastic didn't want to move after that was removed! Anyone got pictures for this simpleton? Don't want anyone going into the back of me (the front has already been done - A CAT C that someone has already done some repairs to....). The switch failing is a common problem I am led to understand.

Many thanks

Neil

To fully access the brake switch, remove the plastic trim panel, by removing the light switch then pulling the top edge out (3 clips holding it) and pulling it down.

If you look behind the black plastic air duct, you'll see a flat electrical connector with 5 wires goin to it. This is the switch. Remove the commector and then grasp the body of the switch and twist it 90 degrees and pull it back and out.

You can remove the lower panel completely, to give fuller access, but this necessitates the removal of the trim panel along the door sill to access the screw up near the fusebox.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks.

Brake light switch done (GFS £6.50 + VAT) and got a new CAT for £207 + VAT. It is a ceramic one as the dealer (Southern Exhausts) did not have a metal one available yet but he said that one is on the books from his supplier. I cannot wait as the noise the cracked ceramic one is making is driving me mad (especially with the windows open).

Neil

Back