Problem re-fitting rear seat.

Hello!

Well, I've been a been an A2 owner for six days and all I can say is: Wow!

I am SO pleased with it. It's just a shame it's so sunny. Why? I hear you ask. Well, I've no shade in the vicinity of my house which means I can't give Ollie (Rachel, my wife, took one look the car on my return from the dealer and duly christened him :)) a well deserved wash and wax!

Anyway, a quick question. I was experimenting with the rear seats yesterday, finding out out how to remove them, etc. No problem there, got the offside seat out with ease. But curiously, on replacing the seat I discovered that the pins on it's base wouldn't go into the locating holes in the floor, thus preventing me from locking the seat into position :confused:.

I fiddled around for a while, examining the alignment (all good, as far as I can tell), kneeling on the rear of the backrest while pulling the release handle, but nothing seemed to solve the problem.

The seat does go back and lock into it's upright position, but you know what it's like when you get a new car: you want everything to be just so!

Am I doing something wrong?

Any answers will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Kind regards,

Michael Davenport

When this last happened to me (whilst demonstrating to my folks how great it was to be able to make so much space!), it turned out to be the back rest had come out of its fully folded (i.e. locked) position, and therefore the floor pins weren't in the right position to be engaged.

I had to go thorough the folding process a couple of times, but eventually the seatback locked flat against the seat base, and the floor pins were happy to engage.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the wonderful world of A2 ownership!

The clue to your problem lays in the fact that you can move the seat back up into the upright position without it being locked in place - this means that it isn't properly latched in (the pin and spring plate that is) and you'll need a bit of brute force and pliers to change the position of the spring and plate on the pin.

See these threads for more info:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3474

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3063

Cheers,

Mike

Hello!

Thanks for your advice regarding the rear seat.

I haven't had a chance to try your suggestions yet but will let you know how I get on.

I have a feeling that this is all part of getting used to the car's idiosyncrasies!

Thank you once again,

Michael Davenport.

Back