Progress Report on my Replica's

Primea2

Hi all, as you can probably tell from my avitar I have fitted the replica A8 17" wheels to my A2 SE edition. Progress so far has been good, regular checks of the arches (wheels off) and abs cables show no rubbing!
However, I noticed when I brought my A2 the SE tyres had less tread on each inside wall (similar to the effects of an untracked wheel). On taking off my replica wheels for another inspection (I monitor them knowing of the horror stories heard) I have noticed that the inside tread on both wheels is significantly less, it appears both sets of tyres have had the inside tread worn down badly!not to happy as this has nearly ruined my Pirelli P7000's (good tyre by the way going to review it soon) until I have worked out what the cure is for this problem I have put my SE wheels back on.
Any ideas guys?

Primea2, how many miles had you covered when your inspection revealed inner tyre wear, on the new boots?
I haven't quite plucked up the courage to go for these A8 style wheels but only for the reasons that you say are fine: clearance, rubbing, pulling, etc.
I'd also be interested to know if you experienced any bad "tram-lining" on motorways, especially in the nearside lane.
As a side topic, I see the new Golf GTi-style wheel is now offered on the aftermarket and with 7x17 on offer.
Cheers.

had mine on for a while now and have had no problems with any type of wear.
the tramlining in the first lane of the motorway isnt your car or the wheeels its the road its self, big lorrys etc have rut like lines on the motorways basicly from the hot tarmak and heavy loads.
only with coilovers should your car be doing any type of tramlining of its own.

I'll post pics tonight!

Hay guys @ work at the mo, post a few quick pics, unsure of miles recon about 7,000 8 maybe?
Still hav'nt found cause of the problem, RHY where did you get yours from?

Any suggestions on me an emms tyre wear mystery!?!

got mine from rochfordtyres.co.uk, check for the obvious tyre pressures, tracking, bushes even the likes of the stearing rack and wishbones as all of these can cause tyre wear

Back