Project Bo

Darpod14

So my new project has arrived home with me after a 200+ mile journey back from @damadgeruk in not so sunny Scotland!
Well on its way to being a little gem (I hope!) Bo as most of you know is a 1.4TDI Storm in blue which was ran on TT mk1 alloys.
She now has pepper pots fitted with Yokohama Bluearth 175/60s fitted, and drives excellent, thanks to the super suspension work carried out by David.
She has been re-mapped, has auto lights fitted and is awaiting the usual service, cam belt and pump to give her a new lease of life.
I have loads to do to bring her to a standard that I would be happy with for her to be in the company of other A2s and stand her own.
Pictures and details to follow ?

What’s the driving experience like coming from a petrol to a TDI? Noisy?!
Very different, the car feels heavier, clutch and gear box are both much stiffer. It’s much less of a town car and more of a motorway/a-road cruiser. It is also a lot quicker of the mark (it is remapped) and pulls through the gear changes better. It’s as others have said less refined and more agricultural. Yes it is also noisier more so at low revs.

Bo with her friends, picture care of David ?
DA2D87E9-60B9-4CBE-BAE4-2A8959C80CB8.jpeg

Rear brakes done today, service bits ordered, black paint ordered for arches etc, centre caps for pepper pots painted, to be lacquered tomorrow, new bits acquired from 400 mile round trip to see @A2Steve : bonnet, 2 doors, new climate unit, engine cover and under tray. As usual my ocd means I’m acquiring bits the car does not need! (No reflection on the good care @damadgeruk has taken of bo!)
And so it starts again, pics of bo will follow soon...

Looking great love the picture sounds like you will make an already great car even better. On a side note the yellow storm with pepperpots looks sic - apparently that means ace, wicked, really nice, sweet, cool all that and more. Interested in the TDI from petrol move I have a big TDI European trip coming up and when back (not sure how long) will probably have to move to just the FSI and 1.4 so moving the other way.

Very different, the car feels heavier, clutch and gear box are both much stiffer. It’s much less of a town car and more of a motorway/a-road cruiser. It is also a lot quicker of the mark (it is remapped) and pulls through the gear changes better. It’s as others have said less refined and more agricultural. Yes it is also noisier more so at low revs.

I see you're after an engine cover and undertray - if yours are both missing then I guess replacing them will improve the refinement, although not to petrol levels.

Quick progress on this just like your last project!

I see you're after an engine cover and undertray - if yours are both missing then I guess replacing them will improve the refinement, although not to petrol levels.

Quick progress on this just like your last project!
Thanks, I have both now, they will be going on once the service, cam belt, aux belt, water pump and a few other engine bits are done ✅
This one will take longer due to it needing a big @timmus visit which cannot be done until later in the year!

Yesterday Bo visited sunny coastal climes to see @depronman ?
Paul is a top guy for those that haven’t met him and has a nice little a2 himself with open sky.
I have had some top fettling including machined egr, new drain screw, matte black wiper, service and various other bits and pieces.
Bo didn’t behave according to plan but luckily the weather helped us out so every cloud!
Well done Paul and I will see you soon and buy you a pint for your troubles!

Today Bo had her arches and bumper inserts painted by me! Getting used to this painting! 2nd A2 in a couple of months, before that it was 25 years + since I have painted anything other than an alloy ?
So satisfying doing even little bits yourself, makes you feel more of an owner! Pics to follow, chucking it down now unfortunately, mudflaps all round to go on tomorrow, not usually a fan, but I picked up a full set of proper ones and I like them on a storm with pepper pots.

That is a nice result on the arches especially. Just make sure that you clip the fuel cap onto the top of the fuel flap ( as per the users manual ) to greatly reduce the damage to the rear offside arch when refueling. Not preaching to you, more for the benefit of others that would let it bounce all over the wing and arch.:D

Back