Project Panda

dvdk

My first A2, my sixth Audi (A3 8p, S3 8p, A4 b8 avant, A6 c7 avant, A4 b7 sedan). Now i have 3 audis at backyard :) (C7, B7, A2)
Its 2001 1.4tdi 55kw. Panoramatic roof, red leather electric heated seats, automatic air condition, 4 seats.
Goal of my project is the car for my wife and son when they go for a shopping, doctor, or any other trips. To have a such lovely car with good handling, well looking, fun to drive and enjoyed by my son - hopefully he will drive it one day.
I purchased it in december 2018 from Poland (180k km), in 2011 it was delivered from Germany. Yesterday (6.2.2019) it has been registered in Slovakia, so iam finaly able to drive it. All the fees here in slovakia are crazy if you bring the car from abroad: 85€ originality check, 69€ technical and emission check, 20€ window stickers, 32€ waste fee, 100€ slovak documentation issuing, 60€ document translation from poland to slovak language, 66€ registration fee (plates and small car ID). 50€ rims certificate from audi dealer - totaly 482€)
note: Be sure you have "karta pojazdu" when buying car from Poland :)
So, i have purchased several things before registering the car (mats, votex kit and some interior knobs and buttons) to be ready upgrade quickly several things.
Problems with limp mode are gone, it was some leacked hose, now connected and tightened and everything is ok.
Now i have to focus on the suspensions, rear brakes (front seems ok), hoses, diagnostic to check everything is ok and to be sure noone taped icons behind dashboard
I will track all my investments here in this thread. I have no experiences with projects like this, i am not good at car mechanics, so i have to learn everything, dont have such a garage but i hope it will progress slowly :)

already purchased and payed:
registration to slovak republic: 482€
new battery: 110€
black mats: 34€
fuel cover release button: 28€
middle console air covers with cupholders: 29€
rear cupholder: 50€
double din radio rns-e: 260€
double din cage: 60€
votex kit: 910€
rear audi black logo: 20€
Wheels 16´´:350€
Nokian 195/45 r16: 280€
Wind deflectors: 35€
Suspensions +bearings + stabilizers: 615€
Votex and wiper paint job: 250€
Rear parking sensors: 200€

awaiting costs:
plastic cover under steering wheel + fuse cover
middle console round handbrake
luggage cover
multifunction steering wheel MFSW

pictures from a purchase state:

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 380
  • asddf.jpg
    asddf.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Looking good already! Can't wait to hear more about it and see some pictures of it developing.
Also, your English seems great ?

thanks guys. i was looking for A2 for 2 years, and couldnt find any :) and then, i visited webs in Poland and find this one and i felt in love immediately :) it wasnt cheap, and it has some minor problems, but hope nothing more serious will appear. I really like white color on A2. Red interior is not something what i have been loking for, but now i really enjoy it :)

Last edited:
.. and i really like the rear seats... when you fold them you have minivan ??
floor a2 mats received yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    882 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 304
one company here in Slovakia is doing it. 34€ for set. You can choose material, color of mats, color of border, with or w/o logo....

.. and i really like the rear seats... when you fold them you have minivan ??
And when you remove them, you have a cargo ;)

Nice A2 !
Is it an original white one, or is it a repaint ?
The paint is already custom. White areas that used to be black, and vice versa...

Nice, I like the black accents. Welcome to A2OC. No need to apologise, your english is better than some of ours. ?

They're around the corner from where I live, might arrange to go round to see what their mats are like..

My mats are perfect, but i ordered black mats and i have dark gray interior :) so dark grey will be better, will switch soon, for now its ok :)

Attachments

• ACAD7254-8813-492B-AADE-88467C17F082.jpeg
    ACAD7254-8813-492B-AADE-88467C17F082.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 264
Back