Proofreaders unite!

GuruX

A2OC Donor
As some of you may know, I work on a boat that does evening cruises in Göteborg archipelago with a shellfish buffet and a show. It's off season right now, but as I'm pretty good with computers and graphics I have built a new website for the company and right now I'm doing some changes to a pamphlet that we print in 30 000 copies.

English isn't my main language, so sometimes I end up translating swedish expressions instead of using the proper english ones. I'd be very happy if you guys would like to proof read two short texts and point out if anything feels strange or is misspelled. There are two texts, they are quite similar. It's pretty much the same cruise, but different routes.
An archipelago evening with a shellfish buffet

We start at Packhuskajen in the heart of Göteborg. The port of Göteborg and the islets and rocks in the southern archipelago leaves us stunned by their beatifulness. The shellfish buffet with langoustines, shrimps, mussels, crabs, herring and salmon is served and the crew entertains you with singing and dancing.
Feel like dancing yourself? Go ahead!
During the cruise we pass Långedrag, Köpstadsö, Styrsö, Brännö and a lot more of the archipelagos gems.
Don’t miss out on an unforgettable experience.
The cruise takes about 4,5 hours.

Shellfish cruise with entertainment around Hisingen

Hisingen - Swedens fifth largest island has a lot to offer.
Step aboard M/S Trubaduren and experience an evening filled with shellfish, archipelago and entertainment.

Our lovely shellfish buffet with langoustines, shrimps, mussels, crabs, herring and salmon is served as we travel upstream Göta Älv. As we approach Kattegatt the crew invites you to the show with singing and music. If you feel like dancing, go ahead! The cruise continues through the archipelago and Göteborg port, passing a plethora of well known spots such as Vinga Lighthouse and Nya Älvsborgs Fästning. The cruise starts at Packhuskajen and takes about five hours.

Thanks guys!

Hi again Gustav

Did you see my second PM? Just a few ideas of how a couple of the lines may work better in English

Regards

Hilary

Back