Rear bumper, skirt, sensors

alexwharton

Hi
Does anybody know how much the towing eye for the rear valance/skirt is or/and how much the parking sensors are each? Is the towing eye different to the one in the bumpers standard hole?

Final ? anybody know how much a body shop would charge to fit the rear skirt to a bumper all ready removed from the car and spray it?

The rear towing eye is a very rare commodity and is seldom of use, as the A2 isn't a great tow car. The towing eye is different: it's longer as it needs to go through an extra layer of skirt.

The sensors are just short of £50 each from a dealer and the best way of fitting the rear skirt is when the bumper is ON the car - it is in its proper shape then and it's easier to fix the valance.

A bodyshop will probably charge about £200 to paint and fix the skirt for you.

Cheers,

Mike

my mistake i ment the cover:(. i did check the recent posts from driveforward but dind nt know if he'd lost his original or it was different.
oh ill fit it my self then take the bumper back off and get it painted then. save on labour charge for them taking it on and off.

Ah, if you're after the little cover cap for the towing eye , then you can either re-use the old one, or, if you don't have one at all, then go to the dealer and ask for:

8Z0 807 441A 3FZ

Cheers,

Mike

Back