Rear Cup Holders

badlyread

A2OC Donor
Bought this from VAG.com but had to send the unit back as the 'doors' were not correctly aligned. VAG.com sent me a replacement and as I preped the A2 to fit it last night I realised that the unit is not compatible with a bench seat as there are no central locating lugs for the bench!! No where did it mention this in any of the literature.... Expecting the girls to spill their drinks over the summer now.:(

Back to the Post Office....

Neil

i have both bench and split seat versions and have cup holders in both, I put em in and so they must have been easy, can't remember there being a difference for the bench seat, other than I think i may have drilled a pilot hole for locating of lugs, nothing drastic
Glen

Thinking about it I think there were some spare screws.....

Damn! Need to phone the PO before they send it on Monday....:eek:

Hi Glen

Managed to get the box back from the PO before they returned the unit to VAG.com.

What did you use to secure the unit? The bolts that are supplied to fit the 2 seat arrangement (as outlined in the DIY guide on this site) are way too big for a pilot hole to drill into the metal under the seat edge. Did you drill through the plastic bracket and use some screws to secure the metal frame under the seat? I just want to get this as perfect as I can.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help

Neil

Back