Rear door locking

maz

Hi. This is my first post as a member of the club - I've done a search of the forums on this subject and can't find anything, so hope I'm not repeating a common query!
I've had my A2 (2000 55K 1.4 petrol in metallic azure blue with beige cloth interior, Pioneer head unit with iPod control) for around 6 months and I love it. However, I've got a problem with the drivers side rear door not locking. When I use both remote and key locking, all the other doors lock, but this one doesn't. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be/how to fix it/if I have to take it to a stealer, how much it might cost???
thanks in advance!
Maz:confused:

Hi Maz, Welcome to the forum. You can start with checking to see if the door connector is fully connected. Do you have rear electric windows? if so, does it work in that door? the reason I ask is to make sure that the wire connections in the boot is connected and working. Another thing you can check if fitted is the speaker in that door working?.

Best to start with all basic and simple checks first before diving in the deep end. :)

Cheers

Sarge

Just to add to Sarge's post does the interior light come on when you open the door?, it maybe the door catch micro switch

Phil

PS Maz Welcome to the site

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I've checked the electric windows and they work, as does the speaker. Also, the interior light comes on when I open the offending door.
I've read the suggested thread, but not sure if this applies to my problem. I don't get any clicking sound when I insert the key. When any door is open, DIS shows the drivers door as being open, even with the faulty door. I'm still:confused:!!!

A scan will be the way forward, unless you fancy changing the door lock unit yourself, at a cost of around £70.

It's either this, or the convenience controller (very unlikely though in this case).

Cheers,

Mike

Back