Rear light set access

EdMac

Hi! I haven't seen any guides to accessing the rear light sets. I have a 2004 1.4 petrol and one of my break lights is blown (right one, in case it makes a difference) and I suspect all bulbs can be changed by removing the plastic grids to the inside right and left of the trunk door, but I couldn't find any clips or screws in there.

Could someone share the experience? :D

Thanks indeed.

I suspect all bulbs can be changed by removing the plastic grids to the inside right and left of the trunk door, but I couldn't find any clips or screws in there.

Could someone share the experience? :D

Thanks indeed.
You are right. Just pull it out. Isn't there a screw or a clip?
I don't know now but should be realy easy and in the manual.

Hi EdMac,

You are on the right lines:

Pull out the black plastic cover by using the finger hole and then inside, you'll see 2 pairs of white plastic clips, 1 pair at the top of the light cluster, 1 at the bottom.

Squeeze the pairs together and pull the top out, then the bottom. There is no need to undo the wiring first. The, just change the bulbs as needed.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton, Erstens, I couldn't thank you enough, guys. I honestly already pulled at that finger hole like mad, but I stopped when I thought I was going to tear it apart. Now that I know it's the way to do it, I'll give it a few more tries.
Continue the GREAT work on a GREAT site to the BEST car.

Back