rear squeaking while cornering at low speeds

A2SPORT

Hey All

Its been a week now since i noticed a squeaking sound coming from the rear axles (I think) as i turn a conner At low speeds. Had a look my self but can finger this one out please advise.

Cheers,

A2sport

Ours is ths same and many others have experienced similar - if our car is rocked when stationary it sounds like a bad case of 'car arthritis'. I'm not sure of the exact cause but I'd suspect its the strut top bearings - our bump stops are shot so water is probably getting in, and I'm pretty liberal with the pressure washer :eek:(passed the MOT fine though) Not at all concerned as I'm getting FSD's soon.
Theres quite a lot of forum chat regarding this, most recently by Spike, who highlighted that water ingress could remove lubrication from suspension parts as theyre not sealed, and Grim Reeper found his bearings to be knackered when he upgraded to FSD's.

Have a search to ensure you find similarity in the symptoms, and see post 14 on this thread:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10935&highlight=FSD

If a suspension upgrade is on your to -do list as per your signature, in the short term I wouldnt worry too much - I'm pretty sure that'll put and end to the squeaking!

Last edited:
What about over speed bumps, i noticed mine more then, there's a place that i take our dog sometimes for a walk and there's about 15 of these in the space of a quarter mile and by the last one it was starting to grown a bit, but was fine elsewhere. But when i fitted my FSD's they where shot. DRY and falling apart

Phil

Yeah mine has recently started squeaking as well.

It sounds like car arthritis.

I've checked the springs front and back. Bounced the shock absorbers and checked the anti roll bar and bushes.

All is good though.

Back