rear tailgate lock adjustment

bobsimes

Hi,

Does anyone have the same problem as me , the tailgate /boot is realy hard to shut, it closes ok but sometimes takes 5 or 6 goes to lock shut.

does anyone have the same problem or have had the same problem and sorted it.

Is there any way to adjust the locking mechanism?

all help appreciated

Simon

yes it is adjustable. i had exactly the opposite problem recently in that my boot was too easy to shut and rattled.

if you remove the lower trim from inside the boot, theres three screws behind plastic caps. then tug firmly it will reveal the U shaped part, currently covered by a hinged piece of plastic, which needs adjusting. there are two nuts and a series of lines is stamped into the metal to allow fine adjustment.

also on each side of the tailgate there are rubber bump stops which also have a graduated scale and can be adjusted by undoing one torx screw.

a combination of the two allows adjustments to be made.

Gary

have a similar problem but think it must be the dampers because the boot just fall down and the lock can´t lock it. have to hold the boot 20 cm from the lock and let it go.
But the dampers hold the boot open in the open mode.

fixed

as per the 1st reply all i needed to do was adjust the two plastic bump stops on the tailgate, there is one each side and there are marks on the tailgate to help you adjust them, it now locks fine on closing, i didnt have to take the lower interior panel off.

ps you will need a torx driver.

simon

Back