rear window

hi a quick introduction, my name's eric and thanks for any responses in advance, I have just acquired my first a2 tdi, but I found out yesterday driving to work that the rear window isn't de-misting, I can hear the relay click so I need to check the fuse, the fuse cover is missing and I didn't get the owners book so could someone please tell me which fuse is for the rear window, thanks

hi a quick introduction, my name's eric and thanks for any responses in advance, I have just acquired my first a2 tdi, but I found out yesterday driving to work that the rear window isn't de-misting, I can hear the relay click so I need to check the fuse, the fuse cover is missing and I didn't get the owners book so could someone please tell me which fuse is for the rear window, thanks

Hi,

This link may help.

[h=1]Audi A2 Fuse , relay diagram[/h]

Steve B

and welcome to a great club!!

Please post some pictures of your A2 and as you have done here don't hessitate to ask for help, we are a friendly bunch here.

Steve B

Will post Pictures soon, the fuses seem fine looks like tester out, also can I ask about the high pressure diesel pump, is it located top right of the engine and can I safely remove the front plate as I think there is diesel dripping out of it, thanks in advance

Will post Pictures soon, the fuses seem fine looks like tester out, also can I ask about the high pressure diesel pump, is it located top right of the engine and can I safely remove the front plate as I think there is diesel dripping out of it, thanks in advance

Glad to see you will be testing the fuse.
With this type of fuse the idea is that when they have blown you can clearly see that the fuse wire is missing / blown.

But on two separate occasions on two different cars (one a lexus and one an A2) I had an electrical problem and checked the fuse and it looked fine. Four hours later I could not find out why there was no power. Eventually decided to swap the fuse just in case and Viola !! Everything was fine again. The fuse HAD blown, but the element was still in place and looking perfect. So never rely on a visual inspection of these fuses (as you have said get the tester out!)

STeve B

Thanks for your reply, a visual inspection looks ok but the fuses don't seem to be as the diagram shows I'll figure it out tho. Also can the battery be disconnected and not loose the radio code or are they not coded ? Got loads of questions I don't no anything about this car yet

Last edited:
. Also can the battery be disconnected and not loose the radio code or are they not coded ?

It depends, the early cars need the code if the battery is diconnected, later cars (post 2003 approx) don't need the code unless you are replkacing the radio for another one.

But always best to have the code just in case.

Steve B

Didn't get any codes with it ? Can I get one on here if I need one ?, if no I'll change the radio but I like to keep things original where possible, thanks

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get the answer relating to the diesel pump from one of the more knowledgeable members before long but, in the meantime, I can tell you that I was able to get the radio code for my A2, which was lost when the battery was disconnected, by taking it to my local Audi main dealer - Blackburn Audi - and letting them plug it into whatever gismo they have. It came out of the workshop with the radio up and running and the code written on the card for future reference. No charge! I understand that all the main dealers would provide the same service at that cost.

Happy A2ing,

Jeff

hi spike, can I replace my leaking pump with this upgraded one mine is 1.4 tdi ?, 038 145 209K its done 98000 off a 1.9 tdi ? thanks for your help

Back