Reduced Revs

Tennison

Hi
I was hoping that someone would be able to help me. Ever so often when I am driving my A2 the revs suddenly dip sharply and then return to normal levels straight away. It happens about once every couple of months but when it happens the engine management lights don't come on.

I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced the same problem and any ideas of how to fix it. Its outside its warrenty period and each time it has been to the garage they haven't been able to do anything that has worked!

Any ideas?????:)

Hi
I was hoping that someone would be able to help me. Ever so often when I am driving my A2 the revs suddenly dip sharply and then return to normal levels straight away. It happens about once every couple of months but when it happens the engine management lights don't come on.

I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced the same problem and any ideas of how to fix it. Its outside its warrenty period and each time it has been to the garage they haven't been able to do anything that has worked!

Any ideas?????:)

What engine do you have? Your profile isn't filled in, so kind of hard to help...

Hi Tennison
I had an Audi 90 which occasionally did this when coming to a stop at road junctions etc. The idle speed would dip alarmingly, then recover. It turned out to be a duff lambda sensor. Sorry I don't have any first hand experience of the A2 petrol engines.

Cheers Spike

When my car is idle, engine running it is on the 1000 mark is that how it should be?

Back