Remap booked in for Tuesday

Pan

Well after some thought I've booked my A2 in with Awesome GTI for a remap on Tuesday :eek: I will only have had it for a week and already giving it a shot in the arm :rolleyes: I looked on their site and a TDI remap is on offer at £150 inc VAT and by all accounts they have a good reputation. If I want a dyno run before and after its an extra £66, I don’t know if its a good thing to know how many BHP its got or not? But I'm a nosey fecker so will prob go for it :D. I asked about the EGR valve, he said they write it out off the software if I wish as that's what most people do. They don’t blank it off, does this make any difference?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I had my remap done at Stealth Auto for around 225 + VAT (if i remember correctly) which included the Dyno plot. I enjoyed watching them do it and appreciated the information on paper. It's now stored in my files along with every other modification or work on the A2.

Good question about the EGR Valve. I'm not sure on that one....hopefully someone else will chime in soon.

Hi all stealth remap will map out the egr valve. im sure you will be very pleased with your re-map mark. it just shows how these cars should have come out the factory.hope to see you soon at a social. cheers mike

That's an excellent price -enjoy! Personally I wouldn't bother fiddling with the EGR but there you go. Others swear by it!

That's an excellent price -enjoy! Personally I wouldn't bother fiddling with the EGR but there you go. Others swear by it!

Yes, I think its on offer till the end of november, I will get the EGR removed from the map and may blank it off when I do an oil change.

Mark

Had the remap done today but have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the final output figures on paper. That said the car is transformed on the road, very responsive and pulls like a train from low down. The initial output was 80.36HP and 175.46lb-ft and after the remap the output was 91.68HP and 212.27lb-ft. I was hoping for a little more but I guess some cars respond better than others, maybe I should have kept the £66 dyno fee and been blissfully happy thinking I had 100hp ;o) On the plus side the power curve is very linear with a good spread of torque, still a good mod tho, will try and scan the charts in and post them on here.

Mark

Did you get the EGR mapped out or not? That's still a 10% improvement in power and a little under a 20% increase in torque, so you should definitely feel that when you drive - enjoy!

Yes I did get it mapped out but its not blanked off (maybe that makes a little difference?), it is like night & day to drive compared to before having it done, so in reality the numbers dont matter so much. They told me over the phone when I booked it in that a 75hp car "comes out a little shy of 100hp"and 91.68 is a little shy :eek: I've not had time to appricate it fully as they are only about 20 miles away and it nearly all motorway. Looking foward to putting some miles under its belt tomorrow while at work :eek:

Mark

What year is your car and what engine model.

Mine is a 2002-2003 AMF engine with a standard turbo and they normally come out with more BHP and less torque. So I got 108bhp and 186 torque.

Yours represents that of a TDi with the VNT turbo, which gets more torque and less bhp

John

Mine is a 2002-2003 AMF engine with a standard turbo and they normally come out with more BHP and less torque. So I got 108bhp and 186 torque.

Yours represents that of a TDi with the VNT turbo, which gets more torque and less bhp

John

Hi John, its an 05 TDi 75 but not sure on the engine code, on the road torque makes a nicer car to drive. I would think mine is now very simmilar in performance to a good TDi 90? Do you have the graph's from your dyno?

Mark

I'm off to stealth on Friday for a re-remap

When I was last there they checked my cars ecu and found it already had a map (hence the reason I bought it - it was much more sprightly than all the others test driven)
The map I have on is a bit crap though as it requests 0.3 ATM throughout the range over standard boost, which causes limp mode at high speed.

Will see what happens with a leg-end- ary Stealth map
At least I'm looking for is to be able to rev past 3k in 4th and 5th

J

Posted from my iPlop...

I am sure you will notice a huge improvement Friday. Vince at stealth has remaped more A2s than anyone else in the country and has the greatest knowledge with the ecu's. You will be in safe hands:)

Cheers

David

Hi Jason
No wonder yours felt quick when I drove it - funnily enough at the time we were comparing yours to mine, mine was having boost problems as you may recall, I couldn't hold boost past 3000rpm in 3rd or above either. After all the various investigations VAGCheck discovered a disconnect boost control line - one of the hoses that goes into the N75. I suspect your "dodgy map" may be more likely to be a dodgy bit of worn plumbing; hopefully Vince can diagnose?

Surprised you didn't take it to VAGCheck to get the boost problem fixed/ remapped though?

When I read that first I thought you'd said "damn you tidyiers" - was wondering what you had against people who do housework for a moment!
TDiers :)

I'd just like to say;

damn you tdiers and your remappability.

That's all,

Thanks,

Bye.

John

The later (Euro4 emissions) 75hp tdis do have a different turbo where the turbine housing is part of the exhaust manifold casting. I'm fairly sure the turbo changes did not include the variable geometry set-up as used on the 90 tdi though.

Cheers Spike

Back