remove number plate

I

imology

H Guys

My private plate is being made as we speak and will be putting on the car later just noticed that the current number plates dont have any screws on the front holding them on - so wondered how on earth they are the stuck on - are they likely to be be just glued on in which case i just rip them off or is it a more tricky job of getting to the back of them ?

cheers

most other cars ive looked at ahve two wee screws to remove the plates

There held on by double sided sticky pads. To remove them pour boiling hot water behind the number plate then pull it off. once you have removed the number plate youll need to scrape off the excess glue so you have a clean surface to stick the new glue pads to. The double sided pads are avalible at most car shops and should'nt cost more than £2. Try and avoid the ones at halfords as there rubbish.

thanks

Hand't thought of the boiling water idea will give it a go. when i collected the plates I bought some double sided sticky tape to stick it on with it.

cheers for advice

I've used a hairdryer for this in the past works great for getting stickers/old adhesive off too.

Back