Replacing broken wing mirror and driver side front quarter window

Beabs

Hi all,

Very frustratingly someone has smashed the driver-side wing mirror and forward quarter window.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea on where I might be able to source replacements for these and how much they might be.

Having had a quick look on ebay I found the below:

Which i'm hoping could work as I still have the mirror housing in one piece!

As for the replacing the forward quarter glass, i've not seen any available on ebay, so does anyone know where else I could find a replacement

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 18.35.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 18.35.21.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 18.35.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 18.35.20.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi all,

Very frustratingly someone has smashed the driver-side wing mirror and forward quarter window.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea on where I might be able to source replacements for these and how much they might be.

Having had a quick look on ebay I found the below:

Which i'm hoping could work as I still have the mirror housing in one piece!

As for the replacing the forward quarter glass, i've not seen any available on ebay, so does anyone know where else I could find a replacement

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Andy
Hi

It might be worth placing a Wanted add in the forum market place as I‘m sure @Ami, @A2Steve or @Clackers will be able to help

best wishes

J

Hi Andy

Catalogue page here
You want item 2

I didn't know that some A2s have tinted quarter lights. The non tinted right side is 8Z0845114C NVB and that happens to be available from Audi Tradition in Germany for 18 euros.

AT no longer deliver to the UK but member @Rickmeister helps members by ordering and sending to the UK either as bulk order for distribution by a UK member or direct posting. VAT and duty maybe payable if you are unlucky. Please double check part numbers yourself.

As you probably discovered, they are glued in and all remnants of the old glue need to be removed. Hopefully Ami can get one out.

Good luck

Last edited:
Any idea why someone might have done that? Did you park on double yellow overnight or front of someone's gate? Hopefully you can fix it soon.

I will definitely have a go at removing both sides, it sounds from what Steve says a difficult job, but I will try for sure.

Hi all,

Thank you for all the advice and offers to help, hugely appreciated. A quick update, @A2Steve was able to supply a new mirror which is great. For the glass, as many of you have said it seems like a difficult job to remove, so I've just been on in touch with Autoglass for an appointment. A bit of a sting in the wallet but with all the rain we're having at the moment, I thought best to get it sorted asap.

@Sylvester - it was parked on a residential street. Can only assume the person wasn't looking where they were going. I noticed the rear right wheel arch is scuffed as well, so in some respects it's lucky it wasn't any worse. Nice of them of to stop and leave a note though 🤬

Back