Reversed track rod ends?

LordTJC

Hi everyone. I am trying to replace my track rods ends today. The track rods marked LH and RH on the boxes are the reverse of what is currently fitted to the car. We had this before and thought the parts were packaged wrong. As I’m doing both at the same time I’m keen to get them on the right way round. Comments online suggest multiple suppliers have mixed up the box markings and part numbers.

Attached photo shows the part marked RH against what is currently fitted to the RH side (driver side/offside RHD car).

I’m confused whether what’s on the car is the correct or wrong sides, whether they are correct and upside down or the new parts are labelled wrong!

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

• 336CFA95-E9E6-4129-81CE-DCB11C706296.jpeg
    336CFA95-E9E6-4129-81CE-DCB11C706296.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
20240223_123110.jpg

20240223_124014.jpg

Hope this is of use

I gave it the three names I have heard each side referred to as

Edit
If you fit them the other way around (the opposite way to the above photos) they can catch on the wheel at full lock 🙂👍

Screenshot_20240223_125336_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this problem too: https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/the-s-h-e-car.42630/post-489885
I think the confusion is due to the majority of cars who use these ends have them mounted from the upside, where the A2s have them mounted from below (nut on the upper side). This makes any supplier side code being wrong for us.
Blooming Nora I have been wondering for ages how most suppliers have them listed wrong, your absolutely correct as the A2 uses the same as the mk4 golf I believe (and all it's derivatives). Quick YouTube and yes the others have it wrong and are mounted upside down!

Back