revo

rktec

Has anyone experienced a revo chip/remap on the a2, and can you advise the results, good and bad?

(I have read all previous threads btw)

Cheers,

Hi rktec
I cant recall any club members having a Revo remap so it probably is no-one.

Cheers Spike

Thanks guys - will wait and see what driveforward has to say, as the sellers claim of a 75-110 brake upgrade seems worryingly high!

Cheers,

Hi rktec
on the 75BHP revo will give you about 98 to 100 bhp when they did the test for the A2 they used stealths roling road for it.
if you look at the revo web site they say 108 bhp for the A2 if i remember right
cheers
robin

Cheers Robin, its reassuring to see that the torque seems to be evenly distributed as well as the power - would be good to know if anyone has actually 'driven' with this spec as from previous experience the claimed figures sometimes dont always translate to the driven experience?

At the risk of straying off topic, Im desperately trying to buy my first a2 and am hopelessly caught between;

- 2004 model tdi 90 sport, completely standard
- 2003 model tdi 75 sport, with leather + bose and the revo 'touch'

ideally id like a tdi 90 sport with leather, but hey - so would everyone it would seem . . .

*sigh*

Bose can be retro-fitted, as can leather. The 90PS engine can also be fitted, but at much greater cost!

Does that make the choice any easier?

Cheers,

Mike
(TDi 90, with leather and Bose, amongst others!)

rktec said:
tease . . .
Sorry, but I couldn't resist!

Seriously though, go for the 90, you can always add ancillaries after, but fitting a different engine, gearbox, turbo and rear brake system is a lot trickier!

Don't forget that a standard 90 is only a little short of a chipped 75 and a chipped 90 is streets ahead of anything else A2. I know, trust me.

Cheers,

Mike

lol, there was I on the cusp of going for the chipped 75, convincing myself I suppose more out of frustration at that being the best I could get . . . but here we go back to the dealer and web searches again, as I know Id always wonder . . . :rolleyes:

The black one with red leather looks like the one to go for, as it has a double DIN dash, ready for a straight RNS-E swap!

Only things that concern me though are the colour and the front grille: Phantom black was never an option for the A2, unless the original owner specced a £1500 custom colour! and the smooth grille would have to be a retrofit, as 90s always came with the slatted grille.

Smith Knight Fay is my local dealer, so if you want me to take a look just ask.

Cheers,

Mike

It has no red leather trim on the door armrests either? Did they drop this on later models or am I unusual having blue leather arm-rests to match the seats?

I wish my OCD would let me go for something other than silver with black . . . . alas - Im doomed, really - Ive tried believe me, was even considering the revo technicd 75 sport with grey leather - but even then it was a last resort *sigh*

the closest I can see is a silver 90 sport with black cloth on the audi network with a 'claimed' 8500miles - so should be immaculate - but the dealer says he doesnt have any pics/info as the car is a trade-in which has yet to 'come-in' as he put it . . . the downside is no leather and a pricetag of almost £12k :eek:

btw, was the tdi (90) an option after 2004, I thought it was the only choice, but have seen quite a few sports post jan 2004 which are not noted as (90)?

lol, go on, rub it in . . . . glad you found the one you wanted at least - enjoy, hopefully I'll be joining you all soon with a new-found grrrin ;]

ahem sorry buddy couldnt resist, you will find one , we had to wait since crimbo really until we got this one and that was thanks to ULP.
And I know its a matter of opinion but having had an SE before and now having the sport I would opt for the sport every time.
Good luck mate your turn will come, we were just lucky.
Regards Andy.

thanks gents,

I have seen the (90) option on 2005 cars, but whether that was just a roll off form 2004 I couldnt say, also in my 'extensive' searching there arent any SE or Sport (90) models in 2005, but yeah a lot of 'special editions' which seem like the usual dealer gimmick towards the end of a models era - and so far all I have seen have limited spec, i.e. no dis/leather etc.

Back