RNS-E Equipped A2s

Skipton01

Admin Team
Hello all,

Could any member who has RNS-E insalled in their A2 please contact me. I have some rather good news for you, which is very appropriate for this festive time of year!

Cheers,

Mike

not yet ....

... but i bought one on eBay last week, and it's in transit to me.

So ... some cables to get and then the small matter of the dash!

Alan

alanb said:
not yet ....

... but i bought one on eBay last week, and it's in transit to me.

So ... some cables to get and then the small matter of the dash!

Alan
Alan, PM me when you're all installed and ready - it'll be worth it!

Cheers,

Mike

Alan.

please et me know how you get on with replacing the dash. I am seriously considering installing RNS-e but have got to replace the dash like you.
I have read Skiptons procedure for replacing thisn beast and it does seem quite a long process so interested in seeing how some else would get on.

Regards

Colin

Mike,

I've got the SatNav plus - does that mean I have it (sorry for being thick)?
The cruise control you fitted is working like a dream - wouldn't be without it now!

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Glad you're getting on well with the cruise control - it is rather good isn't it?

If memory serves, you have the cd-based sat-nav system, with the 4:3 screen (non-widescreen). If that's correct, then sorry, it's RNS-D you have, not the E version.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, don't keep us all curious! I don't have RNS-E, but what is the good news that is appropriate for this festive time?? Can you get a flashing Christmas tree up on the screen? :) Or will Santa drop in via the exhaust pipe with presents for those with RNS-E? :D

I can't say much at the moment and have been asked to keep things confidential, but it's to do with an update to RNS-E.

I have been in an email and telephone correspondance with an Audi Customer Service Operations Manager and that is really all I can say.

Those with RNS-E fitted (Ben and whoever else) should get in touch asap so that I can finalise things for us all.

Cheers,

Mike

Well - I don't have RNS-E either. I just about know that RNS stands for Radio Navigation System. I have a Radio. I have a Navigation System called a map book.

I have an rnse and I have not idea what you are speaking about
my.php

I should qualify that this message only relates to UK members with UK registered cars, as the offer is being administered by Audi UK.

Cheers,

Mike

Back