Roof trim release question

alanb

A2OC Donor
I want to route a microphone cable up to the interior light location. I'd like to route it behind the headlining from the top of the A-pillar. Any quick tips on loosening the front edge of the headlining to get the cables in?

Thanks in advance.

AlanB

(old dash out on garage floor - now for the rebuild!)

alanb said:
I want to route a microphone cable up to the interior light location. I'd like to route it behind the headlining from the top of the A-pillar. Any quick tips on loosening the front edge of the headlining to get the cables in?

Thanks in advance.

AlanB

(old dash out on garage floor - now for the rebuild!)
Hi Alan,

You'll need to undo the screws holding the visor in, but to be honest, if you've got the A pillar trim off, then that's more than half the battle won.

You can actually get away without undoing any headliner screws you know: if you feed the mic cable through from the interior light end towards the A pillar using a cane or similar, then that and a pull on the liner will do the trick.

If you do want to unscrew it, there are also 2 screws under the light itself and you may want to take off the grab handle above the door.

I'd recommend routing towards the passenger side too.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

I'll take a closer look, and I'll see if I can fish it through. I much rather not disturb things unnecessarily. The A pillar trim is off. Mind you, taking the dash out to do it was a bit serious!! ;)

I favour the passenger side also, as I intend to site the Bluetooth in the passenger floor compartment.

Alan

Back