Russian Tunnel Video

wooly A2

You just have to check out this video

This 3150 m long tunnel in Russia is the longest in-city tunnel of Europe.
There is a river running over it and water leaks at some points. When
the temperature reaches -38 degrees like it did this winter, the road
freezes and the result is the attached video taken during a single day with the tunnel camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LkS7zBh48Q&search=car crash accident tunnel moscow russia

I Dont think i would chance taking my little A2 in there
And i definatly would not take the bus LOL !!!

Winter tires with spikes, like on my beloved Akoya, will beat the ice. However I wouldn't trust the other drivers enough to
go in there. I think they definately would benefit from ESP in their Ladas :)

Last edited:
The bendy-bus driver did well to control things as well as he did, but I couldn't believe the car driver who just indicated and cut into another lane to get around the 2 trucks that he had seen just take a dive.

Maybe he was going to be late home otherwise!

So any of you notice anything strange about the bit where the "two" trucks collide??.
There was only one then there was two, tape must have been edited or something.

andyman said:
So any of you notice anything strange about the bit where the "two" trucks collide??.
There was only one then there was two, tape must have been edited or something.
Ive watched this bit over and over again and i cant work out where this 2nd lorry comes from very strange ............

I go to Eastern Europe for business, and it does get really cold. Last year I went to Bulgaria in March. It was -22, bright sunshine but absolutely perishing. On the flight home the passenger next to me commented that "last week it was much colder, -38 degress, Russia left the back door open!" Brass monkey time! The roads out there are also not the best, but I will be careful if I have to go to Moscow next winter, definately no tunnels!

Regarding spikes on tyres was in Gothenburg in early March this year and again it was cold, the sea was frozen partly. Hired a Golf GTi with spiked tyres, it was great fun.

That bendy bus is well scary do you think you get a pair of complimentary spare pants when you board the thing! Mind you bet its cheaper (with less queueing time) than a ride at alton towers ;) ...the bus appeared to cary on driving after the 'wobble' maybe its time tabled into the journey...

Back