S4 Cabrio

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

This is some car:

ad_s4004.jpg

"The S4 Cabriolet will have its world première at the Frankfurt Show, with a 339bhp 4.2-litre V8 engine which also offers 302lb/ft of torque at 3500rpm, letting the standard six-speed manual version sprint from 0-62mph in 5.9 seconds and go on to the familiar governed top speed of 155mph."

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Yes,

On a recent visit to the dealer my wife's ears pricked up when the salesman mentioned that an S4 cabrio was on the way. She's never forgiven me for selling her old Audi 2.8 Cab... very pretty but too sloooow. Couldn't say that about the S4.

Perhaps we've found a replacement for the RS2 after all !

Dave

1.6SE

Hi Steve,

My sister just noticed your avatar and wants me to tell you that Columbo only likes French cars, and not German ones. Apparently he drives a Peugeot Convertible (not sure which model) in the series, and believes its a classic. Bit of a Peugeot fan at heart then are we??

Kaine

Its a Peugeot 403 convertible,

My father-in-law had a Peugeot 403 saloon many years ago and loved it.

Dave

1.6SE

I chose Columbo as it was the closest I could find to a "policeman"!.

I had a Pug 405 once-drank petrol like George Best drinks wine at a free bar. It was a comfy car though. Sold to me by Henleys-the gits never told me it had been in an accident and I never asked. Sold it for my first SEAT and never looked back!.

Took a new Megane out earlier this year-the first dealer demo was off the road already with ABS probs, the one I took out rattled more than a pair of 34A's in a 40DD!. So I'm not a great lover of French cars.

But show me a SEAT Leon Cupra and I'll start dribbling. I'm putting a case together now for one if I can do it-may as well whilst I can and insurance is down to a "sensible" £630!.

What does your sister drive?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Tell her to dump the Pug and get a serious SEAT Leon Cupra R with 225bhp. Pah!. Pugs!

Does she drive around seafronts and Asda carparks at night?

I thought A4 Cabrios were supposed to be rare and exclusive, in a 30 minute drive yesterday I saw FOUR!!!!

No - they were not all on a transporter M6, M6, A34, M6!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Ian

Are they? I have seen a few about too. Probably see more of them than I do A2's round here. Weird.

Far too common, if you want a rare car buy a Skoda Superb only seen four since launch. Either that or they blend with the Passats too well.

Ian

Ian
are you hinting then at a Superb for your replacement vehicle!!!. Told you, Accord!.

Steve

Two points against the Superb - no estste and the back seat doesn't fold down.

Ian

Ian

How about an Octavia estate, RS model-180bhp tubrbo, looks a bit BMW from the side though-not good in this day and age when more BMW 3's are being sold than Mondeos!.

Octavia is a bit small inside, RS doesn't come as an estate (4x4 estate only gets 150BHP) and spec levels are down on what I am looking for. Tax would be high as well with CO2 at 192 compared to mid 150s for the 130BHP Passat/Mondeo.
If I was looking for a 4x4 the Passat 1.9TD comes with 4motion as an option now - won't burn the tyres off so quickly.

Ian

Hi Steve,

My 'older' Sister wants me to tell you she is 34 years old, no hooligan, and she shops at Safeways not Asda. Even though it is her car, she says her boyfriend made the choice, and it were up to her she would have a Chrysler PT Cruiser (?? I have tried to tell her, but she wont listen)

Kaine

Rob

It is not in the current brochure!

Ian

Kaine

Say no more-Safeways shoppers always were a bit "different", a bit "arty farty". PT Cruiser says it all. Suprised it's not a Citroen (C3) Plueeurrieullllll thingy!.

When I was looking for my replacement car and the Octavia vRS was on the list, we had a look at our local Skoda dealership. The only vRS they had was an estate in the showroom.

The link below doesn't work properly. It works if you cut & copy the whole lot (including Turbo, 180bhp & 1U5) into the address bar tho'.
http://www.skoda.co.uk/scripts/sp_specifications_display_sk.asp?engineName=1.8 5spd Turbo 180bhp&modelgroup=1U5

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 on order - Ebony Black, Red Leather + many other options.

I read a long-term review in one of the car mags on the estate version.

It's out there, somewhere.........probably being driven by Elvis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back