Sat Nav upgrade

bogmanfan

Hi guys, I just noticed someone is selling the Navigator Plus system for the A2 on ebay. My dad just got a Jag with sat nav, and I have to say i'm well impressed. Question is, can my dash (with Chorus tapedeck) take the sat nav system, or would it be a huge job (dash replacement etc.) to install? Thanks

Hi
Unlike other Audi models where the double din size fascia adaptor can be retro-fitted, the whole dash on the A2 will need replacing if you have the Chorus (or other single din size) head uint. The dash alone is around £600 and it is a massive job to change.
I checked the e.bay advert and the sat nav is specifically for the A2. These units are quite rare so it could be a good buy for anyone who already has a double din Symphony head unit and fancies an upgrade.
Skipton has recently done the dash conversion but fitted the higher spec DVD based nav unit (adapted from an A6 model) It looks fantastic - check out the link attached
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4032&highlight=rns-e

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Thanks Spike,
I feared as much... Would the same be true for fitting Symphony / Concert stereo? Although I like the tapedeck (easy ipod conncection) I would quite like the CD/tape option. Units seem to be fairly cheap on ebay

spike said:
I checked the e.bay advert and the sat nav is specifically for the A2.

Spike, you're happy the part number given in that ad (8Z0 035 192) is correct for the A2? I have a parts DVD on order but until then, what does this part number consist of?

Ta.

Hi toby1
The part number is for the double din size head unit which incorporates the radio, slot for the sat nav map disc and the sat nav display screen. It does not incorporate a music CD player. The parts book shows there is a ...192, 192A and 192B version of this part no. but I don't think a specific model is required depending on the build year of the car.
To install the unit you would also require a gps aeriel, adaptor wiring harness, sat nav map disc and minor mods to the wiring from the instrument cluster.
If you have DIS and want the radio stations and sat nav directions etc to be displayed on the DIS panel then you will also need a TMC box and extra cables.
I've done the conversion on my 2001 tdi and can help out with fitting instructions etc if you decide to have a go.

Make sure any unit comes with the security code before bidding

Cheers Spike

Back