sat nov 28th is christmas fayre and curry night

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
well its that time of year---curry night!!!
SO KEEP SATURDAY THE 28TH NOVEMBER FREE
This year we are going to be spending the day at the Shuttleworth collection-i know its another museum;) but this also has a lovely swiss garden-but the best bit a CHRISTMAS FAYRE. so please bring your better half's or partners along for the fun:D the collection is located in Bedfordshire NR. Bigleswade,so is nice and central for most areas of the country.tickets cost £10 per adult children under 16 are free. if you want to visit the swiss gardens that is an extra £5.
for more info see this link

http://www.shuttleworth.org/index.asp

Those that came last year will I'm sure agree this rounds off the year nicely.As of yet i have not finalised the curry house as i need to know some numbers so can i ask you to add your names and also if that includes partners etc.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=31&day=2009-11-28

the curry house is now booked for 6.00pm so hopefully it wont be to late for people to travel home.of coarse if you just want to attend just one part that is fine just let me know
cheers mike

Last edited:
Count the Buckwell's in, can you find out if the curry house has a plain menu as well for a kid who does not like curry!

As discussed at ADI, the 28th is Di's brothers wedding day; so we will not be in attendance regrettably. :(

Hope that the meet is a success, (which it will no doubt be) and crowns the years social scene nicely.

Cheers,

Darren

If Tank is back in time, we'll be there too. Sounds like a good combination of classic transportation, a chance to get some Xmas pressies and finish off with a good curry in great company.

Cheers,

Mike

can i ask you to add your names to the calender link in my original post please?

mike I'm sure you could put some Audi rings on the yaris ! though i really hope you get tank back by then, but we cant have a curry night with out you there!
looks like the numbers are adding up nicely now whoop whoop mike

Last edited:
A potential YES from us here too Mike. That's me, the wife and a son!
Will firm up with a definite yes in due course if we can make it. Hope that's ok?
Ezza.

thats fantastic --and spooky as i have just sent you a pm to see if you fancied it. cheers mike

Well, I've added us too, but it is dependent on getting Tank back in the next 4 weeks!

I'm not sticking the 4 rings onto the Yaris (even though I've been modding like a good 'un - HIDs, BT hands free, sat nav and iPod integration so far). It's lovely little car, but I don't have a Yaris shaped back - I'm in agony after about 50 miles!

Cheers,

Mike

I think I may be able to make it but solo. No. 1 son plays rugby saturday morning and it's a long drive from Dorset. I can pop up on Friday to see my parents in St. Neots just a stone's throw from the Shuttleworth collection.
ST

hi all not long now till the curry night can i ask all people that are coming to add there names to the this thread
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=31&day=2009-11-28

as i will be giving the curry house the numbers and kids meal orders soon cheers mike

Hi Mike,
We are on the list as one of the 11 attending so far (Ezza).

It will be me, my wife and my son - so that makes 3 of us for the curry house!

Looking forward to it!

See you there.

Ezza

I,d love to go to this social as i keep meaning to go and meet a few more members (put names to faces and the like).But this is the day after my 10th wedding anniversary so will be taking my wife out for a KFC sorry meal to celebrate and have a few drinks.

Count me in

Hi
I will be there with a mate.

Cant wait to meet some of you from the forum.

It will be good to see some a2s, (get some idears for my new toy!)

Cheers

David

hi everyone
right then its that time again for a wonderful day out followed by a great curry.i have taken the names from the calender thread and put a +? to the respective names if these are wrong please let me know-also i know a few kids are coming if they would like unspiced food please let me have some ideas as to what they would like and i will see if the curry house can manage it.
a2bluesport+1
a2sumo+1
driveforward
ezza+2
heidi+2
hotstuff+3
robbin
maddy
nicenigel
richard+1
riverlad+1
sirtrevor
skipton01+1
ulp+1

i have looked at google earth and i think a good meeting point will be the Sainsbury's petrol station in Biggleswade post code is SG18 0 it is just off the a1 and a short hop to the shuttleworth collection. time for meeting up is 10.30 am. the curry house is booked for 6.00pm so this gives us plenty of time to eat and get home at a sensible time.
any questions please get in touch cheers mike

Last edited:
Looking forward to the social!

Thanks Mike for taking the time & trouble to find a suitable meeting place. Sainsburys it is then! Presumably in the car park & NOT on the forecourt!!! ;-)

As new members, we missed this posting first time round and have just picked up on it. Sadly we cannot make it but just wanted to say have a great day out and hope the weather improves!

Robin & Liz

As new members, we missed this posting first time round and have just picked up on it. Sadly we cannot make it but just wanted to say have a great day out and hope the weather improves!

Robin & Liz

Thanks Robin & Liz. I am sure it will be an enjoyable day, whatever the weather, but a bit of warm sun and blue sky would be most welcome!

Hope you guys can make it to the next social!

Dear all,
I will be a little late on Saturday as I will have to postpone my drive up from Dorset till Saturday morning to see the parents and will make it over after that. Could someone pm their mobile no. so I can contact you when I get there?
Many thanks
ST

Back