Scottish meet 2010

murdo

Admin Team
Scotland
Hello all,

I'd like to gauge support for a Scottish meeting this year - with time marching on I'd be proposing August or September with a weekend date that avoids the school holidays and other scheduled events. Whilst I'll PM those who attended last years meet and those who showed interest, could anyone else interested drop me a PM please. I'm delighted to organise something as per last year and would welcome any ideas for locations/activities. Be good to catch up with some fellow A2 addicts before the good weather breaks on us!

Cheers, Murdo

Last edited:
Hi all, thanks to those who have PM'd me. It's notable that there's been a more positive response from my Southern brethren than fellow Scots - c'mon guys!!! :)

A few ideas to float before I start making calls, once again please let me know any views or contact me if you'd like to join in.

I'm thinking of doing something in Southern Scotland to suit most folks and those travelling up the M6.

Dumfries and Galloway is beautiful, with some excellent driving and scenery. A visit could be paid to the David Coulthard Museum in Twynholm, and the film buffs amongst us will know that Kirkcudbright is a lovely scenic village where cult classic 'The Wicker Man' was filmed. A quick scan also shows up some promising camping venues. I'll float some potential dates after I've made a call or two. Meantime, views on this idea welcomed.

Cheers, Murdo

Edit: For the Audi purists amongst us, i'm sure we could also explore where Mr. McNish grew up as well!

http://www.dcmuseum.co.uk/

http://search.visitbritain.com/en-GB/Details.aspx?ContentID=459607

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...roup&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CB0QtQMwAA

http://www.wicker-man.com/locations_kirkcudbright.php

Last edited:
Well I never!!

Having been to Kircudbright several times as a kid (camping with folks), I never knew it was the setting for Mr Woodwards' finest moment.

Good on ya Murdi for at least trying to get something off the ground.

Cheers

Mike

4th / 25th September

Mike's post ref the Warwick weekend ( have a great time all) reminded me to update this thread.
Can those who have registered interest please confirm if the weekend of 4th or 25th September would be suitable for you, and advise of needs and wants for accomodation and I'll sort things accordingly - - and to our duo of defectors to the TT owners club, (GrahamR and PerthshireA2), you are more than welcome to bring your Audi's to the meet! :D

Last edited:
I'm tied up that weekend with a national tournament unfortunately. However, if it's good for the majority, then go for it.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike's post ref the Warwick weekend ( have a great time all) reminded me to update this thread.
Can those who have registered interest please confirm if the weekend of 4th or 25th September would be suitable for you, and advise of needs and wants for accomodation and I'll sort things accordingly - - and to our duo of defectors to the TT owners club, (GrahamR and PerthshireA2), you are more than welcome to bring your Audi's to the meet! :D

Thanks Murdo,

Both those dates look good for me.

Regards

Graham

Count me in too.

Was thinking I could maybe speak with Lord Stair and see if he'll let me use castle kennedy for the day, weather permitting I could bring the plane down from prestwick and take a few people up and maybe do a nice aerial photo of the A2's in convoy or something like that.

David.

Count me in too.

Was thinking I could maybe speak with Lord Stair and see if he'll let me use castle kennedy for the day, weather permitting I could bring the plane down from prestwick and take a few people up and maybe do a nice aerial photo of the A2's in convoy or something like that.

David.

Blimey! Now here's an A2 meet with a difference if David can pull this one off at Castle Kennedy.

Theres enough interest to book a couple of things now, but can I ask everyone to confirm whether the weekend 4th or 25th would be preferable and if overnight camping etc. is required.

Ta much, Murdi

Last edited:
Apologies to all who have PM'd or posted interest, but this will now have to be cancelled. I have to work on one of the weekends suggested (25th) and theres just not enough confirmed interest to justify those up for it making a siginificant journey. I'll try again next spring time along the same theme and location, checking with Sumo to choose a suitable date.

Cheers, M

Thanks for the effort anyway Murdo.

Next year might be better for me in any case. Hope to convince my daughter that she should get an A2 as her first car (which her Dad can borrow!).

Graham

Back