seat belts

As per an earlier post by Erstens, check under the B pillar trim for twisting, but if it's not twisted, then the only way of repairing is a new unit, which isn't cheap, nor is it an easy job, as the mechanism contains an explosive charge for the pre-tensioner.

It is a fairly commonplace problem, if it's any consolation!

Cheers,

Mike

Yes thought of some sort of spray but to be honest it doesn't bother me much as its the passenger one and its my lovelly wife that has to put up with it, lol

Simply check, if the belt is twistet 180° in the visible area. This is right.
If it is not twisted, then you have a problem behind the B-pillar trim.

will have a look tomorrow but if i use silicone spray, i will have to do it when i have got a week off work as i work in a body shop and silicone does not mix well with paint, thanks for your replys

Cheers Phil

Hi, this is my first post on this site as I have only owned an A2 for a week but I had exactly this problem with mine, only on the drivers side. I bought a can of silicone spray (not the cockpit shine type) pulled the seatbelt out to its full length and sprayed both sides of the belt with a light coat of the stuff. Net result is that it now flies back into its position. Cost £3.99 and took about 20 seconds to do, got to be worth a try. Good Luck.

Thanks for that - halfacar.

I did the silicon spray routine and now my car's seat belts just whizzzzz back - no problem.

Not had a look yet but it looks like mine are twisted, i have got a few things to get sorted on my car will attack them all at once i think (drivers door check strap, drivers door micro switch and fuel filter when i use the rest of this crap fuel)

Cheers Phil

Back