Seats With Adjustable Lumbar Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike

I'm thinking of upgrading my drivers seats to incorporate lumbar support. From the parts catalogue this does not look too difficult but before I start I'd like to know if it's worth the effort. All feedback would be appreciated.
Even better - has anyone done the conversion

Thanks Spike

I drive about 500 miles a week so comfort was a big factor for me, so I bought the sports seats as a factory fit option. The lumbar supports and side bolsters give me a really comfortable driving position and I'm very glad I spent the extra money. For comparison I am often given a lift in a Ford Fusion and after 30 mins in that my back aches.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Spike, I've got lumbar support in both the A2 (electric)and the Volvo (manual). I find it useful as does 'er indoors. What is comfortable today, may not be next week (or so..) so it is adjusted fairly often, whether it's worth the money is your decision. I would think that the younger and fitter you are the less you need it, but that's only an opinion based on nothing at all. I wish I had it on my computer chair!

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm old and unfit so I checked out the prices for the inflation pump and lumbar unit which fits inside the seat backrest. These parts cost almost £300 - and that's only for the drivers seat - so the project is cancelled unless I can find a seat or the individual bits at a breakers yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back