service

can anyone tell me what is involved in a 40000 mile service on a 1.4 petrol model, as i have been quoted 350 quid, from a local dealer.

service types.

Hi perthshireA2,
that sounds like a lot of cash! but it will depend on what type of service your A2 is on??. two types, standard= every 10,000 miles, or varyable service= every 25,000 miles, or two years,which -ever comes first.The standard should be in the £175/200 region,
but 'varyable' will be more expensive, special oil (fully synthetic) and more things like filters etc! so varyable should cost around the £250/275 ish, do try and find a good Independent garage (not main dealer) to do the work, and do ask what things/items they are going to replace and service for your car, then if all is agreed, go ahead, you'll know where you stand if any extra's appear, best of luck, Cheers Alan.

Newbie looking for Service advice/info

Hi,

Newbie to this forum, looking to acquire my first A2 and looking for servicing info/advice here.

Looking at the service booklet for an early A2 1.4 SE today, it would appear that the A2 requires an annual serivce, no? Yet looking on the net, the service history on one A2 was every other year. So which is it?

Also I seem to remember reading about some thing like a Cambelt serivce, is this the same as a timing-belt change?

Thanks for your help.

First question; Depends on the car - Most early model A2 are 1 year/10,000 miles. Later model examples can be Audi AVS 2 year; or some owners change to the appropriate consumables/oil and re-programme the DIS to align with AVS intervals. (AVS is Audi Variable Servicing, you know that but I hate acronyms!)

Second question: Yes! Welcome to the forum and happy new year. :D

First question; Depends on the car - Most early model A2 are 1 year/10,000 miles. Later model examples can be Audi AVS 2 year; or some owners change to the appropriate consumables/oil and re-programme the DIS to align with AVS intervals. (AVS is Audi Variable Servicing, you know that but I hate acronyms!)

Second question: Yes! Welcome to the forum and happy new year. :D

Thanks. Car in question is a 2001 on a Y plate with 77K miles. FSH (every year bar one) but only first two was done at an Audi dealership by the previous owner. There was a "timing-belt and water pump" service in August this year.

Undecided whether to buy it or not as I have spotted condensation in Offside front headlamp and the petrol engine seems to have a bit of a rattle under accerelation (could this be caused by hydralics tappers warming up like my old Corrado?). Apart from that any view on the asking price of £3700?

Cheers and happy new year

Back