Servicing Cost Question?

sojah

A2OC Donor
An independant VW/AUDI garage is offering me a service where all the filters and oil are changed with the original parts for £150. My car is the TDI 90 and i was wondering if this is a good deal. It is a very reputable company. What do we think?

An independant VW/AUDI garage is offering me a service where all the filters and oil are changed with the original parts for £150. My car is the TDI 90 and i was wondering if this is a good deal. It is a very reputable company. What do we think?

I just booked in for a 6 year (3rd service). Now I was told that this 3rd service was a big service (I thought all the 2 year ones were the same). I was quoted:

I rang the local Audi Independent and the VW dealership - I've used both in the past:

________________Indep £_____VW £____Indep_Labour
Service: __________253______250_______2.5 hrs
Drums&Pads (labour)_59______110_______1.0 hr
ARB,clamps,bushes _184______250_______1.5 hrs
Total_____________496______610_______5.0 hrs

Went for the independent, not just on cost, but the VW dealer wanted to see the ARB before ordering the parts. Independent was confident he was getting the right parts - said he had consulted the Audi database.

Interesting that the service is the same price. It includes dismantling/cleaning the rear drums and changing all engine filters. 4 years ago the independent wanted getting on for £200 for a service.

Note that the independent quoted +£35 for a brake fluid change - I'm unsure if that is included in the VW price or not.

Back