Servicing in South Essex.....?

Gonzo

A2OC Donor
Hi guys and gals,

I've done a search on this, but to no avail....

For the three years we've had our 51-reg Tdi we've used a local independent garage who's done an annual oil-change service with the full Audi-spec list every other year. Also did the cambelt using genuine parts, but for £300 lower labour cost. Good price, great service and the car's going beautifully.

Alas...looks like he might be closign his doors any day now as his two major fleets that have kept him going have deserted him.

So....can anyone recommend an independent outfit within the general area of Brentwood/Romford/Chelmsford/Billericay/Basildon who offers great service, good prices and who knows their way around our type of car? Given its age, unless a franchised dealer would love to surprise me with a stunning deal, it's unlikely I'll be paying Audi centre prices, or putting up with their indifferent service. I know what they're like - my (company) A6 visits them at least twice a year.

Cheers....:D

hello gonzo i use a company called
http://www.coggeshallauto.co.uk/
they are very good and his workshop is very clean and tidy. i have had my fsi a2 serviced by him and my car is with him today having cam belt and water pump changed. he is an independent that has been a main dealer trained technician. he diagnosed my engine management light using vag-com very quickly(and free!). i have no ties with this company or Ian the owner, i just want to recommend him as i have been more than happy with his work and prices. he also works Saturdays which can be very helpful. if you contact him please let him know i sent you. good luck mike

These guys are just down the road from me!
I reckon I will book Gertrude in when service time comes around again as main dealer prices are starting to bite :eek:

Happy New Year to all on the list :)

Cheers. Although a bit further than I wanted, might be worth a Saturday morning trip if the prices are in the right ballpark.

I will be calling him.

Happy New Year!:)

Back