Servicing Intervals

Pugliese

A2OC Donor
Searched the forum for this but cannot find, so to help me in my search for the right A2 can somebody tell me what the correct service intervals are for a 1.4TDi and what is meant by Audi Variable Servicing. I have seen some strange service intervals and can't figure it out.

Audi Variable Servicing (Longlife service) is when you let the car tell you when it needs servicing and on diesels, this can be up to 30,000 miles.

However, I'd strongly urge that you change the oil and filter on a yearly basis, regardless of the regime you choose.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the reply. So how do you tell that a FSH is correct? I mean someone could say that using the AVS system a car thats done 60k only needed servicing twice:confused:

Correct - you can't really check as such, but a car at that mileage should only have needed 2 services anyway, so look for the stamps.

Also, it'll be approaching cambelt time (rule of thumb, regardless of model, is 5 years or 75,000 miles - there are so many different recommendations, but this is a good one to keep in mind), so you should haggle for this too.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks and just to digress, I currently have a Seat Arosa 1.4Tdi that apparently requires servicing every 10K, so apart from the oil change they have been robbing me blind???:mad: Mind you it has done 145k and still going strong so maybe I shouldn't complain too much

Thanks and just to digress, I currently have a Seat Arosa 1.4Tdi that apparently requires servicing every 10K, so apart from the oil change they have been robbing me blind???:mad: Mind you it has done 145k and still going strong so maybe I shouldn't complain too much

Not necessarily. Introduction of the 'variable service' system was staggered on the VAG model range so its quite possible it was not available on the Arosa when your car was built.
Personally I would change the oil every year regardless of mileage and did this on my A2 even though the computer said it was ok to for 2 years / 30,000 miles.

Cheers Spike

Back