Severe interference on the Concert radio

• Thread starter johntheproducer
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johntheproducer

I do a lot of motorway driving and in previous cars usually listen to 5-Live on the am band. Since having the A2 I have been unable to listen to this or ANYTHING on the am band due to all kinds of interference from the car's electronics. John Fox Audi in Notingham say there is nothing that can be done about it. (??)

I am also a radio ham and sometimes take my ham equipment out mobile to electrically quiet locations. With this equipment being more sensitive it gets completely hammered by the car interference and becomes unusable. It doesn't matter if the car ignition is on or off, or indeed whatever I do the interference stays there, whether it's a rough rasping sound, a plethora of pops and crackles or a barrage of bleeps and whistles.

So far I have been unable to cure the problems, so I thought I might try removing the fuses to the various systems within the car, one by one, but before I do this I am worried I may cause further problems for myself by interrupting the supply to the systems, i.e. re-setting things so that they won't run properly afterwards, or even at all. Of course I could even go the whole way and disconnect the battery and use another one to power the ham gear.

Despite me being a radio ham I must point out that I am not too technically minded so please keep any answers simple. :eek:) My mechanical knowledge is pretty basic. Many thanks if anyone can help.

John Faulkner

John

Welcome!

A quick "fix" to provide info on this problem-if you do a search of the forum, type in the word am into the search field, tick include archived posts box and search on just the audio discussion forum, this will bring up a lot of stuff on the am reception issue.

A lot of A2 owners suffer this problem. Some Audi dealers say tough, some talk to Audi UK/Germany then say tough, some dealers actually try and find a solution and replace various parts of the audio system, sometimes with success.

Plus I'm sure others will post what they have found out about this subject.

Have fun!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back