Side mirror

H-M3

Guys before I tear it apart with ? rage can anyone share tips how to fix this? If you see the white plastic has come away from its groove after someone stole my mirror. I don’t want to force anything incase I break it! Thanks

Attachments

• C5602A5E-E67A-44E9-BBB7-761456AE1D05.jpeg
    C5602A5E-E67A-44E9-BBB7-761456AE1D05.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
Ask one of our breakers - @A2Steve, @Clackers, @Ami - I think you may need the mirror motor unit. There are two on every deceased A2 that passes through their hands, a replacement shouldn't be hard to come by ?

Reactions: Ami
Ask one of our breakers - @A2Steve, @Clackers, @Ami - I think you may need the mirror motor unit. There are two on every deceased A2 that passes through their hands, a replacement shouldn't be hard to come by ?
I think the motor is fine rather the right side of the white plastic bit has come out of the little circle. Just need that sorted as the mirror arrived from AMI today??

Hope the picture below from an old thread is some help. Maybe a picture of yours from the same view point might shed some light.

mirror1.jpg

Andy

Reactions: Ami
Guys before I tear it apart with ? rage can anyone share tips how to fix this? If you see the white plastic has come away from its groove after someone stole my mirror. I don’t want to force anything incase I break it! Thanks
There is small plastic bit the the white part clips into is broken in yours, by the look at the picture, you can fix it .

There is small plastic bit the the white part clips into is broken in yours, by the look at the picture, you can fix it .
No it’s not broken, sorry the picture is not in the correct angle perhaps. I just need to place the dislocated side back in, however did not want to force it hence wanted to know if there is an easier way. Thanks

Yours is broken @H-M3 I have plenty in stock.
Steve it’s not broken just one side is out from its place. I tried to realign it back in but did take little force, I didn’t want to put too much force so wondering if there was an easier way. Kind regards

Update, after speaking to my mechanic mate, he advised that I should try and use some gentle force. Today in the breeze took the motor off the housing and used gentle pressure, managed to align the white plastic bit back into the groove. Whilst at it, managed to bend my left thump nail back slightly!! Aargh! Little pain but have mirror back on. Thanks Ami for the prompt delivery??

Attachments

• F22D9EBB-2B5D-4429-AC0C-A076C4DEACE9.jpeg
    F22D9EBB-2B5D-4429-AC0C-A076C4DEACE9.jpeg
    928.1 KB · Views: 98
Update, after speaking to my mechanic mate, he advised that I should try and use some gentle force. Today in the breeze took the motor off the housing and used gentle pressure, managed to align the white plastic bit back into the groove. Whilst at it, managed to bend my left thump nail back slightly!! Aargh! Little pain but have mirror back on. Thanks Ami for the prompt delivery??
You are very welcome, glad all is well now, hope your nail grows back as well mate:)

Back