Skipton & Retro-fit cruise!!

Darren C

Admin Team
I just wanted to post a big thank you to our technical director – Skipton and echo the comments of many of the other forum members who have dealt with and met with Mike in person.

My wife and I, (with our little’un), made the 2 ¾ hour journey from Milton Keynes to Manchester yesterday to have Mike retro-fit cruise control to my A2.

Mike is a ‘true A2 enthusiast’ in every sense of the word. His technical knowledge is vast, (as the significant number of posts that he has generated testify), and he is a top bloke to boot.

I had no qualms in letting Mike loose on my A2 and the installation process only took around an hour. The end result is a factory fit look at half the cost. (Chuffed, I should say so!!:D). My only regret is that I didn’t have it done sooner!!

So thanks Mike for tripling the enjoyment that I already had in the A2 driving experience; it was a pleasurable day all round.

I would recommend that anyone who is toying with the idea of fitting retro-cruise to their A2 contacts Mike before he gets fully booked – You won’t regret it!!

Before I left, Mike kindly took me for a ride in ‘Tank’. This car is awesome!!:D

Tank is fully loaded with every conceivable option and the red leather looks top quality and is oh so comfortable. The SAT Navigation system and Bose that Mike has fitted himself, transforms the car further and adds to that luxury feel. (Every A2 should have one!!).
As for the power output, the chipped 3 cylinder 90TDI feels more like a 4 cylinder 2.0 TDI with the smooth acceleration of a petrol equivalent. And the sound of the 3 cylinder, which would happily pull off the rev range, was incredible.
Audi should have mass produced Mikes car – though I suspect if they had it would have retailed for around 30K.:eek:

Have I mentioned the red leather…

Conclusion – Top bloke with a top Car, true A2 enthusiast and a professional in his field.:)

Cheers Mike!!

Kind Regards,

Darren

I think we should recommend Skipton for a Knighthood. I agree with all the nice comments about him, what a nice fella.
Sir Skipton 01 or we could try Lord A2.

hollyrescue said:
I think we should recommend Skipton for a Knighthood. I agree with all the nice comments about him, what a nice fella.
Sir Skipton 01 or we could try Lord A2.

I Agree with the knighthood but
he would have to get his hair cut first LOL!!!

I also met Skipton01 yesterday, and agree he is a nice chap!
With his vast knowledge of everything A2, I have to say his car looks the business.

I was sadly in my BMW yesterday otherwise we could have taken some pics of both or A2's...awwww :D
:)

Thanks for the kind comments chaps - but you've got to stop all this before my head gets too big to fit in the car!! (yes Carl - I know it's bad enough with the spikes eh?).

BTW what's the A2 reg A2Look that cost you so dearly?

Cheers,

Mike

Let me know next time you are in the southern half of the uk, I will have mine done!

I'll be attending the Audi Driver International meeting on 14th October. It's held at Castle Combe race circuit in Wiltshire if that's any good for you?

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the plug Chris - but unfortunately, the shed is going on Monday, to be replaced by a s****y new concrete garage-cum-office!

Hope this won't affect my 'club-cred'?

Cheers,

Mike

ULP said:
Glad you took the plunge Darren - I can't think of a journey when I don't use the cruise.

Tank is awesome, but I'm not sure you mentioned the red leather so here is a plug :)

Chris,

Not wishing to repeat myself, but I am so pleased that I have had the cruise fitted and like you it will receive daily use!!

A big thanks to you initially however, for providing me with the opportunity to see Mike's handy work up close and for showing me the said item in operational status in 'ULP'. Cheers buddy!!;)

Now back to 'Tank' - red leather, leather red, red leather.... (Dribble, Drool, Salivate...):p

Regards,

Darren

I've just seen on Elsa that "The CCS has no components of its own (except for the operating switch). All CCS functions are carried out by the Diesel direct injection system". Is this true? You can only fit Cruise Control to TDIs?

tigas said:
I've just seen on Elsa that "The CCS has no components of its own (except for the operating switch). All CCS functions are carried out by the Diesel direct injection system". Is this true? You can only fit Cruise Control to TDIs?
No, don't worry, petrol and FSI models are retro-fittable too (if there is such a term!).

Cheers,

Mike

Back