Ski's inside the A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

deheld

In a couple of week's im'g going skiing. So I need to take my ski's with me. I have roofbars with skicarriers for the A2 but I'm worried about the fuel usage with the carrier on top.

Maybe if I remove part of the backbench and fit them under the right seat (LHD) the could fit.
Has anyone tried to fit fullsize (180 cm, two pairs) of ski's in the A2 ??

Thanks

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I regularly put my kitebag (180 cm´s long) in my A2. I take out the right rear headrest and put in the bag from that side with the other end of the bag under the driver´s seat...

Works for me..

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, TV, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

The skis and rack should not hurt too much, I used to lose aroung 3-5 mpg in the Passat with bars and a 600 liter box, never drove far with the bars alone.

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

With it being a TDi, do you really need to worry about fuel consumption. Especially if it is only to be affected by a couple of miles per gallon. Think of the pose value, carrying ski's on the roof. Might try a surfboard, although not much call for it at this time of year in Blackpool.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

I don't know about skis, but we did put some kitchen unit pedestal panels from B&Q in ours on Sautrday - 2.44m long! Resting on the centre of the dash...

I think that I could get them to fit. But I have to fit two pairs inside and my wife has to go as well. So I think I'll go for the roofbars.... They do make the A2 noisier then it already is and fuel economy does worsen (although it's even worse when there are no ski's on the bars).
And yes, the roofbars with skicarriers do look goed :)
Thanks for your answers !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back