Slipping Alternator Belt in damp or wet weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

san

my a2 1.4 petrol 2001 has a slipping alternator belt every time it rains.The dealers don't know how to sort it out.Its been to two dealers the first said the belt has a tensioner and there is nothing we can do.The second dealer changed the belt this didn't work they changed the tensioner that didn't work .They contacted audi and then changed the cam belt. It still does it.Has any one had this problem?

Ive had a similar problem, ie when it's raining or damp, the car makes a screeching noise when I turn the steering wheel, some members pointed out that it could be to do with the power steering. The problem comes and goes with the weather so im not 2 fussed about it.

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Same with me-damp or a just washed A2 gave a noise when the engine was started but it lasted only seconds. Stuff cheese in your ears and the noise will vanish!!...

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Mine doesn't do that. Never a screech, and it get's very rainy in the netherlands.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Now that you mention it when damp my beterry light flickers, could this be tha same problem maybe, it hasen't affected me so far, will tell the dealers when servicing, but it's one of those intermitent problems that dealers tend to say coem back if it hapens again, then it does then it doesn't!!! WD40 maybe?

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Potato,
I'm also getting an intermittent battery light flicker. I don't know if its weather related as it doesnt seem to have stopped raining since I bought the car!
It hasn't affected me either. I'll be asking the dealer to look at it when I next take my car in.

John (& Mary) Imber 2003 1.4TDI SE, metallic silver, open sky, black leather /alcantara, Bose, ECC, DIS, Winter pack, mud flaps

when yopu find out let me know, or if I find out before you I will!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

I've noticed an occasional battery warning light coming on during the first mile or two, but haven't made the connection with rain. It only seems to happen in the morning. Will have to be more observant!

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, Tinted Security Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back