Smell

Linzlad

Hello!

I have just had my cambelt changed and a service, after having the car back for 2 days my oil light came on saying on min (which after having an oil change you wouldn't expect)! and now i can smell a funny smell coming through the vents but not if i open my window or walk around my car!
Any ideas?!

I don't think anything else could possibly go wrong with this car!!!

Cheers

Linz

It could be that some oil has been spilt or infact leaking onto a warm part of the engine/exhaust. If you can check that the sump plug is not leaking!

It is what they use to drain the oil out of your car. It should be replaced or a new sealing washer used to prevent leaking.

is located at the base of the engine and can only really be viewed by removing the engine undertray.

Your best bet is seeing as it is so soon after your service is taking back to garage. It should not need topping up after a few days.

Its a bit of a pain to take it back to where i had it done as its an hour away and i work shifts. I might see how long the litre of oil i put in lasts and hopefully on my day off they will be able to fit me in!!

linzlad, if you are in the AA or RAC etc, it may be worth seeing they will come out to you, as you are 'unsure if you should drive it' etc etc
worth a try?
Glen

Check on the ground where you normally park your A2. If there's an oily mess - then that's another good sign of an oil leak. ;)

I had the AA out, he found the leak is coming from where the dip stick goes into the sump, he tried tightening it and using some gunk (his technical term!!) to seal it but it didn't work so he told me i can't drive it :(. Had to have the day off work today because i need my car to get to work!!
I really don't know what else can go wrong with this car!!
:(

Back