Some Answers to Questions A2 Tdi New Owner

Artnix22

Just purchased a A2 TDi 1.4 2002 SE
Being new to the A2 scene have a few questions that need addressing - it may sound stupid but its good to know from others that have experience.

1. Does the water jet filler in the front flap have a cap on it - or is it suposed to ?

2. Is the aerial in the back window glass ?

3. Do Tdi engines growl like tigers when pushed up through the gears and what is the senseable rpm range to change up into next gear ie 3000rpm ?

4. Does anyone else have trouble getting into fifth gear around town or is it a large road thing - like dual carriage ways and motorways ?

5. And the display for the next service says 22500 miles and I have driven 300miles and its still the same ....

These just for starters - trust someone has some helpful answers
I am keen to learn
Regards

Artnix22

Just purchased a A2 TDi 1.4 2002 SE
Being new to the A2 scene have a few questions that need addressing - it may sound stupid but its good to know from others that have experience.

1. Does the water jet filler in the front flap have a cap on it - or is it suposed to ?

2. Is the aerial in the back window glass ?

3. Do Tdi engines growl like tigers when pushed up through the gears and what is the senseable rpm range to change up into next gear ie 3000rpm ?

4. Does anyone else have trouble getting into fifth gear around town or is it a large road thing - like dual carriage ways and motorways ?

5. And the display for the next service says 22500 miles and I have driven 300miles and its still the same ....

These just for starters - trust someone has some helpful answers
I am keen to learn
Regards

Artnix22
Hello Artnix and welcome.

The answers:

1. No cap on the water filler
2. Yes, the aerial is in the rear screen
3. A lot of people say they moo when accelerating, but if you prefer tiger, fine. To preserve frugality, change up about 2000-2500 rpm. After a remap, you'll find it hard to change up before the red line as power is extended so much.
4. 5th gear is a 40mph + gear, so round town, you'll struggle.
5. The service indicator is a bit slow at updating when there's a long time to go, but you can trust it overall.

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Artnix and welcome.

The answers:

1. No cap on the water filler
2. Yes, the aerial is in the rear screen
3. A lot of people say they moo when accelerating, but if you prefer tiger, fine. To preserve frugality, change up about 2000-2500 rpm. After a remap, you'll find it hard to change up before the red line as power is extended so much.
4. 5th gear is a 40mph + gear, so round town, you'll struggle.
5. The service indicator is a bit slow at updating when there's a long time to go, but you can trust it overall.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike all the answers I need - can trust in a quick and accurate reply from yourself - Excellent

Regards Nick

Back