soul black color code..

Mr Smurf

The + and - buttons on my ACC operating unit have lost much of it's color
and I would like add more paint :)

But I need to have the right black color.

The parts you mention are very prone to wear and unfortunately, there are no replacement buttons - you will need to replace the entire panel.

There is no touch up paint either - the best bet is to go to a model shop and find a good match by trial and error.

Cheers,

Mike

Try ringing one of those SMART repair people i had a scratch on the dash in my laguna and they touched that up. Found the advert in yellow pages for a guy that was mobile the advert stated the did dash and plastic repair. Took about half an hour and you couldnt see where the scratch was when he finished.

Here are som pics of the damaged parts..

DCP_0194.jpg

DCP_0200.jpg

DCP_0195.jpg

DCP_0202.jpg

@mrosle: lol :D

This paint is called (in German) Softlack =softpaint. There is no chance (nearto) to repair this. We at the german forum are also searching for this paint. get spare parts (used parts) from germany or the local car-trash place

erstens said:
@mrosle: lol :D

This paint is called (in German) Softlack =softpaint. There is no chance (nearto) to repair this. We at the german forum are also searching for this paint. get spare parts (used parts) from germany or the local car-trash place

I've been looking for parts in swedish car-trash-companies but there are not enough A2:s here to find the parts :(

The ACC control unit is expensive so I was hoping I could find a broken unit an just swap the buttons.

Any help to find the pars I need would be appreciated.

My 137k mile A4 has similar markings although not quite as bad, I'm going to try using humbrol satin black this weekend, I'll post a picture when done.

I have found most of the replacement parts.

But I am still looking for the ACC buttons.

I dont think I will be replacing the panel and buttons in the door.

tdiman said:
My 137k mile A4 has similar markings although not quite as bad, I'm going to try using humbrol satin black this weekend, I'll post a picture when done.
Any luck on the Humbrol Satin Black operation....

I have found paint that is very good on the buttons where the paint is worn off....

I had a few wear offs on the light switch, the airco (off) button and the electric window buttons....

I have used this paint on it and it dries off like new....

http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/toys/humbrol-enamel-paints-shades-30-59.asp (the fourth line is the one you need color #33)

It is sold through miniature train shops and sold normally to get the old look on locomotives for minuature train sets...

I bought it in the UK for +/- 2 pounds (ex S&H)...

The result is great.....

After painting you can almost not see the difference from new.....

The paint is called:

-Enamel Paint, Premium Quality (interior & exterior)
-Brand = Humbrol DIY
-NO2 Enamel, Matt Black, Collar No 33 Matt

Good luck...

Mike

Last edited:
Back