Sourcing a decent A2!

spbuck

Hi all, I'm looking to buy an A2 as a mile muncher. After scouring autotrader etc.. they appear to be very thin on the ground, particularly private buys. Ideally I'm also after all the toys, leather/bose/sunroof etc.. and it has to be a tdi so I can take advantage of the massive MPG and the low road tax.
IS there a trick to sourcing one?!:eek: Where did you guys buy yours from?

Additionally, is the A2 viable as a motorway vehicle? Is the 1.4 75 tdi refined and quiet enough with it's tiny engine?

Thanks all, and nice forum!:)

Hi Spbuck

the A2 is ideal for motorway mile munching, the cabin is quiet even when exceeding the speed limit. Don't worry you won't notice that you only have 3 cylinders and with the 1.4 TDi 75 bhp variant you'll be very surprised at the amount of pulling power it has, I know I was.

Damien

P.S. Welcome to the club, hope your search is fruitful.

I see there's a few on pistonheads, thanks for the link :)

Are high milage examples to be avoided?

The TDI engines are quiet once upto speed and motorway driving is very relaxed.

And i would recomend having the TDI remapped as this will give you more pulling power and great motorway overtaking and possibly more MPG too.

I have a 1.6 FSI Sport, so cant say for the TDI's, but mine is very good for motorways, its will cruise at good speed all day long....even cruising at 3 figures *cough* :rolleyes: i have bother at all, in fact it starts to get into its stride at 75+.

Back