SPORT or SE that is the question...

originalfake

A2OC Donor
Having only driven an TDI SE, I'd be interested to hear anyone's opinion on the Sport model. Obviously the handling is better, but by how big a margin and is the ride compromised as a result of the stiffer suspension / lower profile tyres?

I will be getting our 'eventual' car chipped, so am leaning towards the Sport model (if I ever find one in silver with OpenSky!) to compliment the extra power.

Any feedback appreciated.
Andy

Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.
Sounds like there's a plethara of reading matter to discover, I'll make a start forthwith...

Cheers / Andy

Okay so I got impatient and we've brought an '03 SE but it was a calculated purchase, FASH, LOW MILES, IMMACULATE, OPENSKY and SILVER!

I found the forums an excellent resource and although I didn't get the sport I originally hankered after, I soon released the handling of an SE would be the best compromise. I plan to retro-fit sport seats / steering wheel in due course, I say 'I' what I actually mean is get someone else to, as I'd probably wire it all up wrong and end up with an ejector seat, I knew I wanted OpenSky for a reason :D

Before I consult my local Audi Dealer and fall off my chair, does anyone know where I can source a sport wheel, other than eBay or breakers?

Best,
Andy

Back