Stains from moisture A2 seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jossi

Hello A2 fans!
There are +- 500 A2 registered in Norway. And often other A2-drivers salutes with headlights/hand. We´re driving cult-objects! not just cars. The film :"I,robot" had a lot of modified A2s on the rolelist.
To the point: The grey seats of my 2000 A2 1.4 just sucks any moisture and make ugly stains all over . A little sweaty T-shirt i enough.The textile tructure has a capillar-effect so the seats looks just like any old bathroom wall!.I´adviced not to use seat-covers so I just have to use some textile cleaner every week if none of you has a better idea?

From Jossi.

yes does anyone know any good products for cleaning the seats.

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

Hey ! i share your pain in the most irritating of all places. I have an A2 on a 52 plate the only way round it was to spend 45-smackers of my hard earned wedge to reslove the problem. And then the interior looked spanking new. but guess what?? the interior attracted the stains all over again. only a bit quciker.
SOLUTION= dont try this coz i havent yet. the honda dealer @ bexleyheath, kent offer a full valet and scotch guard service (guarranteed for 3years) that they claim would protect the interior and exterior and make it harder to attract stains and also make it easirer to clean.
but it cost from £200 to £267 and they would need your car for up to four hours.

Rather than paying someone for this service I've seen on Ebay you can buy Autoglym Lifeshine, Scotchguard or Supaguard. Each for less than £30.

I too share the pain! [29]
I've purchased the Audi interior spray cleaner (at about £10 I seem to remember?). This works well enough, but the stains do come back again after a while.
I thought the 'Open Sky' roof was leaking (again!) but obviously not, guaging from this topic.

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back