stealth did the magic

ST PERRIN

Vince had my car last week and did his mapping stuff and i have say the car is fantasic to say the least, the engine is far more flexible now i have 105.7 bhp after the mapping and 184.8 of torque which vince says is more than a VR6 Golf:D i have had a rattling for ages which i have been trying to pin point and after going through A2OC forums i was sure it was the the drop links and this was confirmed after stealth road tested the car after the mapping so today i have had new ones fitted by stealth.I have to say they do not dig for work in any way and are as genuine as the day is long, so thanks to A2OC members who recommended stealth on the forums i am lucky to have this service 15 min drive from me.

Glad you got sorted and are happy with the results, you'll find as time goes on just how good it is and you'll find your MPG's will settle down as you stop gunning your right foot lol

Phil

How much does this stealth remap cost. I am looking at getting TDI chipped. I have seen tuning boxes/chips on ebay for the A2 has anyone had experience with them.

How much does this stealth remap cost. I am looking at getting TDI chipped. I have seen tuning boxes/chips on ebay for the A2 has anyone had experience with them.
Not sure what the current Stealth price is for remapping but I'd guess around £275 - £300 for A2oc members
Don't be tempted with the cheap chips as they are usually only a resistor in a fancy box which fools the ECU into permanently overfuelling the engine. A propper tuning box - the Tunit unit is one example, works quite well but costs around £400. Performance is usually below that of a good remap but you have the advantage of being able to remove it and sell it or fit it to your next (3 cyl VAG) diesel car

Cheers Spike

Vince had my car last week and did his mapping stuff and i have say the car is fantasic to say the least, the engine is far more flexible now i have 105.7 bhp after the mapping and 184.8 of torque which vince says is more than a VR6 Golf.

Do you have the before and after performance curves? It's something I'm interested in, but only if the low end (<2500rpm) is improved. Thanks.

Does stealth do the "stage 2" remap for cars with custom air filters and performanct exhausts???? I have been looking into getting it done with f1 brighton they do a stage 2 map for 500pounds, but as stealth are experienced with the a2 it may be a better idea to go with them if they do the stage 2 map, but I have read before that a standard remap gives 9 bhp on the 1.6 fsi so want to no if I would get more than that from a stage 2 remap and if the extra gain wil be worth the extra 200 quid!

Thanks for your help

Scott

Back