Steering issues

delta

Hi A2'ers,

Having problems with the steering on my A2.

It seemed to become prominent some time after new tyes were fitted.
The steering wheel will pull to the left and want to take you into the nearest hedge.
Took the car to get tracking done, not much better although it was out by 4 degrees on the front nearside.

I then went to my local garage who noticed a very slight bend in the lower left wishbone. (the ball joint was sitting lower)

Now had it aligned again after new wishbone and now the car feels better and more aligned ( going from one leading wheel to the other on transition through corners) the steering wheel still pulls to the left?

It's been sugested that the steering rack may have a fault?

Has anyone heard of this problem before?

Previous to the new tyres I did hit a kerb :( but no problems at the time.

Cheers.

I did a long road trip up th the Lakes and back and noticed that on a straight road with no camber, the steering wheel would stay straight.
On a bit of road with camber the steering wheel pulls to the left and has to be corrected, so much fun:(

Could this relate to suspension more than the rack??

My A2 pulls slightly to the left if the camber of the road is prominent., tracking and alignment is fine, I think its just the way the suspension is.

I believe that they are meant to pull gently to the left for safety reasons, ie driver falling asleep.

I seem to remember being told it by an Audi Tech ages ago

My A2 pulls slightly to the left if the camber of the road is prominent., tracking and alignment is fine, I think its just the way the suspension is.

The thing is that if there is camber do you have to apply corrective steering?

On a straight road road with qute a bit of camber, my steering wheel is turned to the right by quite a few degrees just to stay in a straight line?

Could this be wear in the steering rack?

Could just be the steering wheel needs resetting on the spindle?

That's what it looks like while driving, however when on a straight road with no camber, the steering wheel is straight..?

Anyone know of a good steering rack for sale?

Back