steering rack?

ade29

Help I have just gone round a corner, I thought I went over a rock loud band came from left hand side
and I heard some bolts fall out from underneath, steering sounds like its broken when doing a full turn, any advice would be appreciated, I think it could be steering rack or pully system

thanks

ade29:confused:

What does the noise sound like, and was it definitely bolts and not bits of broken spring.

Alan

thanks for the reply,
not sure, but something fell out

it still steers, could it be the steering rack?

steering rack

if it was springs any ideas?
I not I will take to local garage tommorow

thanks

ade29

My money is on the ARB/droplinks and the securing parts/clips. It could be the subframe, but that would be MAJOR.

Drive it as little as you can, preferably gete a recovery to the garage - it may be that the cambelt work and this are linked, in that something wasn't put back right or fully tightened.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks

I only had the cammbelt done two weeks ago,
maybe its that

thanks

It almost certainly won't be the cambelt itself, but possibly some exterior part needed to be removed to access it that hasn't been put back in place as well as it could have been.

I emphasise POSSIBLY.

Cheers,

Mike

My wife had the exact same problem a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a broken spring. If you know which side it was, take off the wheel and check the top of the spring. If that is the culprit, you should see where it broke pretty clearly. You'll need a good flash light.

my money's on the spring.

You've probably also screwed up the ARB mountings and / or the droplinks. That's all a DIY job, even the springs are if you want to....

Bret

It was left hand side spring,
no other problems

thanks for all you advice:)
still costs me £190 + rear pads

Back