Strange indicator problem

Anyone else had this problem? - My '03 TDI Sport has developed a fault in that when I put the indicators on either left or right side, they flash for between 4 to 7 clicks and then they stop. After cancelling them and indicating again, they do it again, 4 to 7 clicks and then stop. I could understand if they didn't work at all - but this is weird.

Could it be the relay? if so, how easy/difficult is it to change it myself?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

Hi Squadron Leader

Yes it is the relay. It has been well documented on here. If you use the search facility you will find the information that you require. Replacement is a DIY job IF you can get the cubby hole out!

John.

Thanks for the info & the link guys, seems like it's a common problem on our little A2's:( Best get myself off to the local Audi dealer and part with some hard-earned for a new flasher relay.;)

Cheers,

Phil

cost for relay is around £22 with discount for being owners club member (speak nicely to dealer parts people)
A right pfaff to do though!

same but different

I thought i had the same problem, but i bought the relay from a local factor up here in Edinburgh, fitted it, and its still the same...:(
now it flashes maybe once if i`m lucky, then nothing....
has anyone had a problem with, or had to have a new indicator switch fitted ?:confused:

I thought i had the same problem, but i bought the relay from a local factor up here in Edinburgh, fitted it, and its still the same...:(
now it flashes maybe once if i`m lucky, then nothing....
has anyone had a problem with, or had to have a new indicator switch fitted ?:confused:

I had this problem 2 weeks ago I put it into my cousins garage and they repaced the flasher unit cost including labour was £85 but the garage I bought it from picked up the cost.

Back