Strange noises

AndyDP

Hi Guys

This was odd today, started the engine, no problem, no dis warnings, slowly moving out of car park, heard what sounded like a faint boiling sound.
Stopped, opened the window, still heard it, temp gauge fine.
Moved on and the noise didn't get any louder, then there was a pop, almost like a backfire, only not as loud or dramatic!

The noise then stopped, carried on, pulled out of a junction going slowly with the window down to listen. Then what felt like a very slight surge,and then what sounded like a metal pipe falling onto the road, couldn't see anything. When that happened I half expected the exhaust to have fallen off!
Drove home 8 miles taking it fairly easy, car felt great, no change in the way it drove. Parked up, and left it running checked around the car and underneath, nothing wrong...........very strange!

I'll see how it is tomorrow, wondered if anyone else had a similar experience.

Cheers Andy

1.4 petrol Sport 2003 26,500 miles

Cheers Spike

The car since the wierd goings on has performed faultlessly, there is no strange noises, or grinding when you turn the wheel.

I'll keep my eye on it, I'd not long had the anti roll bar replaced by an Audi dealer so I would like to think that they would have spotted something amiss!.

I do very,very occasionally get a slight knock when I go over humps, but I put that down to the stiff sports suspension !

Andy

Well thanks to Andy's post I have figured out I have a broken spring.
How much would a replacement spring cost? And what are the risks that I am taking by not changing them immediately? Thanks.

Kind of hijacking your thread here Andy.. Sorry about that..

Back